Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

blackwidowav recievers

Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 AM
spnce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackwidowav recievers

At blackwidowav, there is a choice of 2 or 3 different receivers, does anybody know if these different receivers have any noticeable effect on range and quality of video?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:25 PM
rcairplanenut

Default RE: blackwidowav recievers

the divercity RX is sposed to have better reception and range then the stock RX's
I have been happy with my 600mw brown bag set up

sg
Old 06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
mklarich

The diversity receiver DOES NOT have any better reception then the other blackwidow receivers. What it does do is virtually eliminate multi-path interference. Believe me, I designed and built it.

You should really stay with the frequency set 1 receivers and transmitters though.

Just my humble opinion.

Matthew Klarich
www.klarichelectronics.com
Old 06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
rcairplanenut

Ok,

Question

What is the difference between a gain in “reception” and a reduction in “interferance”?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:14 PM
yb2normal

The original question as I understand it is, "what reciever will give me the best quality video over the longest range". Generally speaking, receivers of more modern design tend to take advantage of better chip technologies and designs, so a fairly safe bet is to say "buy the newer one". The good news is that my suppliers are starting to standarize on a common RF module inside all their receivers, so the overall quality of signal and sensitivity of the receivers will be fairly consistent among the different models. You should select the receiver that suits your needs, and operates within the specific frequency set of your transmitter.

Regards,
Bill