Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

My Flight Video

Old 10-15-2005, 07:10 PM
zlm_us
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Flight Video

I purchased a CHEAP Camera on ebay and did not like the range at all. I found the plans for the GP Patch Antenna (Thanks) and tried it out last weekend. I would have to say it really increased my range. I went out to the old airstrip and tried it out. The majority of the static is from flying behind the Patch Antenna. The wind was murder and my landing sucks. I will have to find a better location to mount the camera in the future. The quality is not great for several factors. The camera cost $20 and my capture card is old. However, the quality is much better on the recorded tape. I did go out yesterday and do nothing but landings all afternoon and I am proud to say I can land much better now.

[link=http://www.mystuff.info/rc/Superstar%20Cam.wmv]Video[/link]
Old 10-15-2005, 07:21 PM
echobot

Default RE: My Flight Video

Not too bad for a cheap camera. I agree you do need a different location for the camera. I put my camera out on the leading edge of the wing so I don't get the prop in the picture.

Nice job.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:42 PM
teddansonsplane

pretty nice video. one of these days im going to have to make an antenna. but i really love your flying field. i wish there was something like that around where i live.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:07 AM
FlyguyXII
My Feedback: (2)

where did you find the planes for that antena i have the same problem with the camera i bought and need to get more range

Thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 10:25 AM
pocatosaras

Yes. Please post the plans here or let us know where you got them. I'd like to have them as well.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:17 AM
zlm_us

The plans are for 2.4ghz antenna so you need to double everything. I also used a tv connector instead of a SMA connector. Here is the link. Hope it helps

[link=http://www.rc-cam.com/gp_patch.htm]GP Patch Antenna[/link]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:29 AM
pocatosaras

Thank you kindly.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:24 PM
zlm_us

Here is a zip file for the size I used. The large reflector sheet will not print on my printer 8.37"x8.37" so you may have better luck with your margins. I included the measurements I used on the paper. Remember to double the wood too. You will need five pieces that are .40" square by about .50" long. I then used a standrad tv coax end. I soldered it to the large relector. Hope this helps someone.

[link=http://www.mystuff.info/rc/Patch%20Antenna.zip]GP Patch Plans Doubled in Size[/link]
Old 10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
BMoneySL

Great Flight. Try to position the camera under the wings or on top for better view.