Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Eyecam power requirements

Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Synapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eyecam power requirements

Hey guys,

I've got the original Eyecam from rctoys.com that has what looks like a stereo jack for a power plug. The problem with it is that it weighs almost as much as the camera does. This is even more of an issue when you combine it with the male plug you have to use with it. The instructions with the camera stated that the cord shouldn't be replaced, but it didn't mention why. Well I took a look at it and it appears to be more than just a power plug... it takes 9v in from the supplied battery pack and delivers 5v to the camera, whose power range is from 4.8 - 7.2. I figured all it was doing was reducing the voltage, so I removed it, soldered on a JR lead, and plugged it into my RX (4.8v out). Now the camera will work for about 3-4 minutes and then turns off. Power cycling it doesn't help UNLESS I reconnect the original power plug back up to it, then it comes right back on.

So I guess my question is, has anyone replaced the original power plug on this camera before? Or does anyone just have some more information on what this power plug does / what the requirements of the camera are? Maybe some suggestions for things to test?

Thanks in advance!

-Lee
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Synapse

Default RE: Eyecam power requirements

nevermind... figured it out.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Tim Holley
My Feedback: (4)

WELL , Let us know too !!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Synapse

Well, I'm embarrassed to say it, but it was a simple loose connection. Once that was resolved the camera worked fine with the 4.8v given out by the RX. whoops. :P

-lee
Old 12-18-2005, 12:56 AM
kd7ost

ORIGINAL: Synapse

Well, I'm embarrassed to say it, but it was a simple loose connection. Once that was resolved the camera worked fine with the 4.8v given out by the RX. whoops. :P

-lee
It's better off you found it on your own. Who knows what kind of crap we would have thought up to tell you.

Dan