Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Video: Flyby Downtown Dallas / Urban AP

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Video: Flyby Downtown Dallas / Urban AP

Old 01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
roltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video: Flyby Downtown Dallas / Urban AP

Just kidding don't know about the copter picture But I do like your video.

roltech
Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 PM
johndale

Just becareful in that area. Like I said I fly around that area along with other Real Helicopters and we have had near miss al the time. And the one near miss at DFW was at the north end this past summer and the FAA was talking at one time closing all the flying fields in a 15 mile radis. If I can find the link on the FAA reports I will post it.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
sxates

So someone was flying right next to DFW?? Geez--I feel like <300ft flight around buildings that are taller should be ok (at least in terms of staying out of the way of "real" aircraft) --but I wouldn't go flying around next to Love or something, at any altitude really. That just seems really dumb. Is there a flying field near DFW, or what was he doing out there?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
johndale

Just becarful because that area is a controled airspace and they are just waiting for something to happen and they will come down like a hammer. You really need to try not to fly in that area at all. Because you are in the middle of the bad traffic as in cars and if you had a problem you know were it will go. At our field in Hurst Tx We have had a lot of aircraft go down with out controls and it was ugly. I had one of my Helis go down and an airplane go down for no reason they just lost control.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Scrape

I liked your video. Thanks
I wish there was a feature like this at the flying field *** IGNORED *** - 1/22/2006 12:11:48 PM

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
sxates

ORIGINAL: Scrape

I liked your video. Thanks
I wish there was a feature like this at the flying field *** IGNORED *** - 1/22/2006 12:11:48 PM

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
What is with the block list? Not sure I understand what you're saying...
Old 01-23-2006, 11:09 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Hey John, I hope you can find it. I'd like to read it. That SUXS....You would think the idiot would have the brains to drop down while the full scale passes over? But then there was an event in CA where the model was up where he wasn't supposed to be, (high), and got a model field shut down.

Where sxates is flying, doesn't the 500' min alt rule apply?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 AM
retnavycdr
My Feedback: (190)

SXATES: I have just started to use my planes to do aerial videos (BTW: Yours is great!!!). WHat type of plane are you using. COuld you post a picture of it? Thanks,,,,
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM
sxates

retnavycdr:

Check out the "video from aerobird xtreme" for discussion on the setup I'm using.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3732971/tm.htm
Old 01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
iacolb12

sxates-I don't want to seem like I'm coming down on you. Your vids are great!

It's just that some of us get defensive becaus others don't follow the rules when they know them and others do it out of lack of knowlege. I'm not calling you either one as I don't know for sure how they enforce in that area.

When I lived in Arkansas there was a field a few miles from the airport and their was a 300' ceiling. I never saw or heard of a fullsized plane flying that low. They'd have to be in serious trouble (and probably not make the airport anyway) to fly that low. But, the FAA is a hard***** on such things. Eventually they shut that field down though many protested they didn't break the barrier.

Even on their subsequent field out in the boonies the FAA still "listed" a 600' limit. Though I suspect they didn't actually enforce it out there. I'm quite sure some of the larger planes flew well above that regularly.

So in the end I'm just saying play it safe. Not trying to slam you. [8D]
Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

I happend to talk to an old timer from another club in the area today. He said that about 25/30 years ago a model glider up at around 1000' DID hit a private plane comming into Centennial from the north side. FAA came out and shut the feild down for 2 weeks and then allowed it to reopen with a strict 400' ceiling. Glider was destroyed and only a paint smudge on the wing thank God! The field recently was moved over to the other side of the state park because of a development across the road, (about 1500'). But the other day a news chopper took off from centennial, veered from the normal flight path and flew right over the new field at a guessed altitude of 300/400'. Shook up a few pilots!
Old 01-26-2006, 02:05 AM
muddy udders

Good thing these guys didn't see my videos since I am flying at the airpot, right off the runway.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:13 AM
johndale

It isn't us you have to worry about. We just want to keep it safe and everyone flying. We are just telling the facts and what could happen . And if you did fly on the aiport one day we will see you on Tv and that isn't video from your aircraft.[X(]