Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Our setup

Old 12-11-2002, 06:55 AM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our setup

I am using a rather intereresting setup. I purchased the x-10 cam for $79, and made the same mods as seen on http://www.rc-cam.com

Except, I removed the cmos camera entirely, and made an RCA type female adapter....

I use a canon powershot s200 digital camera, with the LCD display turned off, and auto-power down turned off....

The camera transmits the live video to the transmitter, and sends the video to the receiver where we can watch it on a monitor, capture it digitally, and/or record to a laptop of VHS.

Also, the camera takes digital stills, which is accomplished with an old fashioned servo trigger.

It took some work and MacGyverism to get the vibration out of the stills, but it seems to work pretty good. Eventually I will probably just switch to a high quality 35 mm and a better video transmitter and receiver.....

Ironically, I won't post any pics here because i am on dial-up...it takes forever.... I might try to shrink a couple pics later and upload....

Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:53 AM
holyowned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Our setup

Originally posted by warlock1174
Ironically, I won't post any pics here because i am on dial-up...it takes forever.... I might try to shrink a couple pics later and upload....

Just my 2 cents!
Should be able to change the resolution in a good photo application. Try 75 or 100 dpi. They aren't 'photo-quality', but they are good enough to put up here. Quick, upload, too.