Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

GroundEffect Image of the week: Cabot Tower: St. John's, Newfoundland

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

GroundEffect Image of the week: Cabot Tower: St. John's, Newfoundland

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 AM
groundeffectimg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GroundEffect Image of the week: Cabot Tower: St. John's, Newfoundland

Here's the latest GroundEffect Image of the Week:

It's not a very high shot this week, but I think just high enough for what I was looking for - to catch a shot with the city as a backdrop.

cheers,
Dean
Old 04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
pocatosaras

Default RE: GroundEffect Image of the week: Cabot Tower: St. John's, Newfoundland

Hard to appreciate the picture with the logo in the background.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
aaron2874

Default RE: GroundEffect Image of the week: Cabot Tower: St. John's, Newfoundland

I doubt very seriously if someone is going to lift your pic and print up a batch of postcards to sell on ebay. But it is a nice shot none-the-less.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:06 AM
chilipepper
My Feedback: (2)

Helicopters, cameras, editing equipment, electronics aren't cheap... there is nothing worse than watching someone else make some coin off of something you did or produced. If you really want to appreciate it, I'm sure Dean would sell you a print without the watermark and I'm guessing Dean would really appreciate that!

Great shot, BTW! It would be interesting to see a series from about the same location in different seasons. I bet it would really look neat with the green grass up against that blue lake!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
yvesOttawa

I agree with Chili, when in doubt, watermark it. Nice shot Dean!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
matwiyj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great shot, and I don't mind the watermark at all. Those who take nice pictures appreciate the need for watermarks and those who don't take pics worth watermarking complain about them. Ya gotta protect your image.

Jarod Matwy
Winnipeg, Canada.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 AM
groundeffectimg

Jarod, yvesOttawa, chilipepper thank you for your kind words guys...

For this shot I wanted a cityscape backdrop so I shot it from that side...I actually shot this buliding before, but from the opposite angle.
It was over a year ago when the grass was green:

Thanks for your time and comments guys.
Cheers,
Dean
Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: chilipepper

Helicopters, cameras, editing equipment, electronics aren't cheap... there is nothing worse than watching someone else make some coin off of something you did or produced.
I couldn't agree more and am for watermarking too. Technology has just made it too easy for the pirates to use images without compensation or even credit. I've taken heat for marking my images and video and my response is, if you don't like it, turn the channel. Protect your work!