Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Best Option for Best Quality

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Option for Best Quality

I am looking for a system that will give me great quality with little fuss. I am building a 44% Cap 232 and want to mount a system to the plane for killer video. Ive been looking around here and kind what I am looking for. I do like the idea of total onboard system that I can then take out after a flight and drop it into my laptop. Im not to keen on the wireless as the quality really isnt that great.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:57 PM
cheek_nuts

Default RE: Best Option for Best Quality

Here's some of my flight videos. I use the Aiptek MPVR $149. For the price i think it's great.

http://www.putfile.com/ivaniski

Old 05-09-2006, 10:20 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Aiptek MVPR is about the best you are going to get for the size and weight.

Wireless is not done for the best quality recordings, whats cool about wireless is that you can fly the plane by it and see what you are doing real time, as opposed to just watching it on a TV when you get home. Watching recorded videos gets boring fast.... It does not even compare to the awesome stuff you can do with a wireless system
Old 05-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Badge

I dont plan to make a movie night out of it for the whole family just add that extra touch to my online videos. Watching these videos looking forward like the pilot is boring no matter what system you use. My system will look out over the wing to give the best perspective.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Mike, I've been waiting to meet you on this subject. May I offer a suggestion ? Bag the "Kiddy-cameras". I hope with the aircraft you have and the time [ with some money ] you want to spend, maybe you want to do a professional job on this. I tried thw BWAV stuff to no satisfaction. I have wasted enough time trying to correct distortion problems, range and reception problems, static from unknown sources at the reciver, etc, etc. What I found was that if we can afford to be in this hobby, we should be able to afford a decent vid cam if we want quality flying vids. I spent $400. oo bucks on an air cam set-up before I realized that with a little bit of smarts I was able to fashion a mount out of angle aluminun with adjustable slots to swivel and mount a Sony Handy-cam that's been sitting around my house doing nothing for a year. This on a plate with foam underneath and fastened to the top of a fuselage or top bipe wing with giant rubber bands [ and yes, it stays put ] or metal angle brackets. I can fly it on my GP Ultimate, 4 Star 60, 4 Star 120, etc. All of a sudden, no more range problems, no more distortions, no having to stay within 1000 feet of the reciever. Weighs in at about 19 ounces. Mind you this wont work on smaller planes, but, as for the big stuff, This works !. I wont get nosey and ask if you can you afford a small vid cam [ like what I'm using ] ?. Obviously, a 44% Cap is "BIG-BOY"stuff. Take it from there. But in closing, May I suggest you take the time to give real consideration to this idea. If you can put together an ARF, you can build a cam mount. I will post my vids as soon as I can but it will be a little while. You may be quite impressed. Seeya ,MM
Old 05-21-2006, 06:30 PM
davidsai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys i am using a video camera on mine that i just got, the idea is from cheek nuts, another tread...

the camera is light an aiptek mpvr 2k6 with a one gig sd card li-mh batteries one hour of video..no interference and for now just attached to the fuselage soon video on put file

under davidsai
regards
david
Old 05-22-2006, 07:44 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

David, please include photo on how you mounted the vid cam to the plane please. MM
Old 05-22-2006, 09:34 AM
davidsai

Hi Mormon Mike good morning i have no pictureas at this time but check this tread it has the pics of how i will put it more secure than what i did which was a test

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43.../anchor/tm.htm

regards
david

also the mpeg and avis are to big and when coverted to wmf still to big will try to make videos less heavy so that they can be seen too

also some videos with aiptek and wireless system

www.putfile.com/davidsai
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Badge

I like the idea of using a digital camera or camcorder but they seem a little to big to be of used easily. Last thing I want is be pulling 30gs and the camera comes loose.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL:
Last thing I want is be pulling 30gs and the camera comes loose.
Just have someone standing below your flight area with a baseball glove, your camera will be just fine if he is a good catcher
Old 05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
cheek_nuts

Usually, If your doing Aerial footage on any particular flight ; you want some wind (Preferably 5 to 15 MPH). This will allow you to fly your plane at a slow cruising speed and even hover at times to get very good video. Fly'in too fast and making sharp turns ; will give you a flight movie that really won't capture the essence of the particular environment you want to show case. I have over twenty five flights with no problemo so far (i use approx...7 # 64 size rubberbands) to hold the camera. However, If heavy G's is what you want to display......Great!! Either way I know You'll enjoy it, Aerial videos are fun. Best Wishes......Cheek_nuts !

My Videos...http://www.putfile.com/ivaniski
Old 05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
davidsai

hi guys the camera is very light lighter than my wireles system by far 23 oz i think will check and see

bye for now david

http://www.aiptek.com/

take a loo at the mvrp is about a cigarrte box and as ligth i tied it with some rubber bandas
Old 07-10-2006, 04:30 PM
mustangman177

just noticed that Circuit City has the Aiptek mpvr on sale for $119. after the $30. rebate!!! What do you think ? Would this be an awesome buy to get started with ?

Thanks for replys

Cary
Old 07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
davidsai

the camar aai sgreat on the air is not that great for close videos
look at the videos at www.cybul.com
good luck