Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Cue Air Pilot Bear

Old 06-25-2006, 06:34 PM
lupy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cue Air Pilot Bear

Yes, it's 90meg, but given the quality, it's pretty impressive. I have tried several compression techniques, and 90 meg is pretty good. I want to see the remote camera head that some of the shots are taken with. I asume that part of what is going on is that he has so much better a pic to start with, that a little loss in compression isn't going to kill the pic. With normal video, at 350-400lines, plus downlink losses, any aditional compression really shows up.

As far was waiting for the download, can't you find something else to do while it's downloading? Eat dinner, check mail, feed the cat? It's not like the download is going to stop if you get up or open another window.

Ken
Old 06-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: lupy

With normal video, at 350-400lines, plus downlink losses, any aditional compression really shows up.
Because this video is HDV with more than double the standard scan lines, this video could easily tolerate more compression and still hold up well. As long as the data rate didn't fall below 1 MB, it would be fine because in this video there's not alot movement so there's not much pixel refreshing required.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
viper1

You're all a bunch off whining children....[>:] [sm=thumbdown.gif]

This man has has a bunch of compressed clips on his site, about five varying in size from 2.9 to 6.5 MB , if that's to large in size, your PC is not capable to watch video period.
(video doesn't come much smaller than that?)

Only one (nr.6) is in original resolution to show the true quality, but still you'all Whiiiiineeeee!

Anyway, I love this clip, it's one of my favourites[sm=thumbup.gif]

Here's a google translated link; NOTE THE REQUIRED SPECS IN BLUE UNDER THE THUMBNAIL !

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=...language_tools

"As for unauthorized borrowing of the movie please be modest."
----Hey, I didn't translate that, google did ----
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Sky High

It doesn't matter what the file size is if it's a progressive streaming file. It will eventually start to play without having to download the whole file first. That simply means that the video will begin to play after a few seconds of buffering in the player so the download is always ahead of the player, hence the name progressive download. This process just may take a little longer to begin for dial up users or those with slower processors. I wish dial up would just disappear and high speed would be the standard but that is a few more years down the road. Viper, you and the other two obviously just think about yourselves and how elite you are. Like I said, I hate dial up and wish it would disappear from the face of the earth. But, I don't put others down for using it for whatever reason that may be. In other words, a dial up user could be informed of their inferior connection without the condescending comments. Dial up users, you should prepare for the inevitable scarcity of manageable video files for that slow connection speed. If you don't have high speed in the next few years your selection will be very limited as far as current and new content.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:32 PM
lupy
My Feedback: (3)

The orig link didn't give the smaller vids as an option, sure with a little cut and paste they could have been found, but I didn't see them untill they were pointed out.

I watched a couple of them, one of which shows the inner workings of the bear. They are cute, but watching the 90meg one again, the diff is night and day, it's just so clear and clean, all the shipping containers an the cars on the ground are distinct, not shapless blobs, like on my videos . I want high def!!!!

As far as whiny dial up users, you have my deepest sympathy, I hated it when I had it, and the web has moved to a point now where designers just asume that users have at least DSL, if not a T1.

Now everybody be cool like Fonzie [8D]

Ken
Old 06-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Sky High

Right now, a lower end HDV camera will set you back about $2000-$2500 which is several times more than the damn plane that gets it up there! [X(] [>:]

ORIGINAL: lupy

As far as whiny dial up users, you have my deepest sympathy, I hated it when I had it, and the web has moved to a point now where designers just asume that users have at least DSL, if not a T1.
I guess they figure that those that have high speed connections have more money to spend on their sites. I got news for them, if their customers are R/C folks they're more than likely going to be slap ass broke.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 AM
mrbig
My Feedback: (1)

The video was great, I loved the resolution and it only took 3 minutes for me to download. Well worth the time.

Brian
Old 07-18-2006, 09:03 AM
tonystott

Well for me, this was the very best R/C video I have ever downloaded, and as far as I am concerned, I feel sorry for those people without the bandwidth and/or PC grunt to handle this high resolution video, but quite simply, dumbing down videos to cope with technology challenged people is a backward step.

I used to rue not having a good enough system, but it only cost a few hundred bucks to pick up a 256Mb graphics accelerator card and a new motherboard with big-balls processor. Until I stumped up the cash, I certainly didn't feel the need to moan and whinge, because the shortcoming was at my end.

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with, or even worse, bringing up the 9/11 issue as a way of attacking someone's nationality is so lame it is not funny.

The great beauty of the Internet is that every PC has a suitable key to allow you to move on.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM
thefirstjunglepilot

I will try to prepare it as FLASH Streaming video (much faster loading and still maintains better than average quality) and post link on here. That way more people can enjoy it. Large file size (90 MB) makes it slow to download but that's why the quality is so good. My version will progressively stream it and begin in seconds. File size should be around 12 MB
Ciao
Old 07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: tonystott

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with........
Let me tell you something Mr. 4 Post tonystott. I am an equal opportunity offender and purposefully chose something that could possibly and hopefully offend those jerks to show them how it feels to be put down for no good reason. You obviously think only of yourself as well. Although it's not really relevant here, if you were selling a product or service, you would never survive in the streaming media business because you fail to see the importance of reaching every potential viewer.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
thefirstjunglepilot

I took the video and ran it through Vegas 6 editor and Flash 8 to make the file play more easily for most with reasonable bandwidth. While not meant for 56k users, they can watch it also if they are a little patient.

Hope this helps make it more broadly available. (This version is 12.7 Mb and progressively downloads based on your connection speed)

Here is the link on my server: http://www.junglepilot.org/rc/osanpo7.html
Old 07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Sky High

Yep, it loaded up and played within 3 seconds! Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Gyrojim

the bear needs eye protection[]
Old 09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
tonystott

Troll failed. sorry.
ORIGINAL: Sky High

ORIGINAL: tonystott

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with........
Let me tell you something Mr. 4 Post tonystott. I am an equal opportunity offender and purposefully chose something that could possibly and hopefully offend those jerks to show them how it feels to be put down for no good reason. You obviously think only of yourself as well. Although it's not really relevant here, if you were selling a product or service, you would never survive in the streaming media business because you fail to see the importance of reaching every potential viewer.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,

Well all I can say is thanks for posting it. Very enjoyable and the wait was no where near as waiting for one of our buses.
Cool.
Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:50 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

That video was one of the best I have ever seen ! Part of what made it great was the incredible quality. If it were compressed and made smaller, it would degrade the quality, and degrade the video. What makes it great is I can watch it on my HDTV and its almost like being there.

I dont want to see a version that is compressed and looks like schit so that some guys with old computers can look at it. If it is not important enough for you to spend the bucks to upgrade your computer, then you dont deserve to watch high end videos...

JettPilot
Old 09-09-2006, 06:53 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Sky High

Right now, a lower end HDV camera will set you back about $2000-$2500 which is several times more than the damn plane that gets it up there! [X(] [>:]

Where you been Sky High, your statement was correct several years ago.... Sony makes a really nice HDV camera for 1,169.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830179059
Old 09-10-2006, 05:47 AM
CrocEnd

yes TOP vid are you sure that the original is not compresed DAM good Job.
Thats what I call GOOD veiwing.
Question any other full res.,downloads PLEASE.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: JettPilot

Where you been Sky High, your statement was correct several years ago.... Sony makes a really nice HDV camera for 1,169.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830179059
Uhh, where have you been JP? HDV has only been available for the last year or so.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 PM
twinturbostang

It may have been comressed some, or resized. True HD is 1080 lines. The video was 720. Or maybe that video camera doesn't do "true" HD.

Good idea Jet. If I had a DVI output or HDMI on my laptop, I'd run it on my TV also. I don't have either of those on my laptop though. And my desktop is two floors above my HDTV. That would be a LONG cable! lol
Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: twinturbostang

It may have been comressed some, or resized. True HD is 1080 lines. The video was 720. Or maybe that video camera doesn't do "true" HD.
You are correct! In most cases, HDV is NOT true HD when recorded to tape. However, there are a couple HDV cameras, the Canon XLH1 and the JVC HD100 and later, that will output true HD from component OUT or SDI OUT to an HD monitor and/or an HD deck but will only record to tape in HDV. The Panasonic HVX200 will record DVC Pro HD to tape and true HD to solid state P2 cards. Confused yet? It's a real mess.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:30 PM
twinturbostang

lol Yeah, it was confusing enough when I bought my HDTV.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
rcrick00

Any one know who the music is by?

Ricky
Old 01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

AWSOME VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

It's big but as long you have 6.0 DSL you should be fine I had to save it to my comp. just to play it over and over again,,it's so nice!!!!

Love it Great job!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Blue_Moon_

ORIGINAL: rcrick00

Any one know who the music is by?

Ricky
no and i dont want to know, it sucked

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.