Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

TERROR IN THE SKIES !!! If you are faint of heart, paranoid, DO NOT watch this video !!!

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

TERROR IN THE SKIES !!! If you are faint of heart, paranoid, DO NOT watch this video !!!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM
schutzstaffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TERROR IN THE SKIES !!! If you are faint of heart, paranoid, DO NOT watch this video !!!

in the begining of the vid.
i was affraid that something would happen with the birds[]
thanks for not shooting them down

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87505.gif
Views:	11
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	564445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82522.gif
Views:	16
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	564446  
Old 11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: TERROR IN THE SKIES !!! If you are faint of heart, paranoid, DO NOT watch this video !!!

ORIGINAL: schutzstaffel

in the begining of the vid.
i was affraid that something would happen with the birds[]
thanks for not shooting them down

Glad you liked the video schutzstaffel !

I like Birds, I have had several Parrots, Parakeets, etc. I would never do anything to harm a wild bird. What upsets me is that people are allowed to shoot them, thats why I think only a moron would complain about my filming birds when so many are killing them for pleasure [:@]

JettPilot
Old 11-21-2006, 04:10 PM
d_wheel

ORIGINAL: JettPilot

ORIGINAL: d_wheel

I am more worried that some bird hugger group will get the authorities to come down on us. If we act responsibly and inform the AMA, they can be ready for it.

Later;

D.W.
Guess what, Airports and farmers scare birds away with guns, dogs, and any means available, people go out with shotguns and kill birds all the time [X(] If you are that much of a bird hugger, you would better use your time to lobby that bird killing (hunting) be outlawed. You are an idiot worrying and wanting to do something about an RC Plane taking pictures of birds while ignoring the fact that others shoot them with shotguns.

But then again, shotguns are not new and differnt, so you ignore it. That shows a lot about your level of intelligence ...

JettPilot
So why did you use my message to quote? I said I wasn't worried about the birds. Next time, quote a bird lover. I have circled my sailplane in thermals with vultures and hawks. They seem to take it in stride and not pay much attention to the ugly bird flying with them. I don't care about the farmers, hunters, dogs, etc. I just worry about someone seeing your video and thinking that we all act like that. It appears to be harassment. Might not be, but it APPEARS so, and you put it on an internet site to be viewed by every bird lover in the world.

I like your camera mounting technique. I am thinking of trying to mount the camera on or in the wing of my Giant Stik. Hopefully this will get it away from the propeller, oil, and maybe even some of the vibration. Can you show us some details of how you do it?

Later;

D.W.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Marro

Would you people lighten up?? It's quite common for birds to line up after the ultralight. As you can see from the photos above, the birds are following HIM, not the other way around. How do you think the National Geographic got those kind of shots in the first place? I'm not commenting on what JP did, but some of the folks here are going overboard...

[8D]
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Marro

Would you people lighten up?? It's quite common for birds to line up after the ultralight. As you can see from the photos above, the birds are following HIM, not the other way around. How do you think the National Geographic got those kind of shots in the first place? I'm not commenting on what JP did, but some of the folks here are going overboard...

[8D]
AND YET ANOTHER ONE THAT DOSEN'T GET IT.........[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 11-21-2006, 07:42 PM
depfife

I would never recommend harassing wildlife and did not interpret the video to be promoting this either. Your take may be different and that is fine. If we all saw things the same way, what a boring world it would be. So view the videos or don't, discuss away, but follow the community rules.

No more personal attacks please.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
chkdye

JettPilot,
Great video...fine job keeping the birds in view in order to observe nature from a "bird's eye" view.

I have innocently had birds actually swoop towards my plane in order to check it out in flight. Should I stop flying to make you all happy?

If RC Airplanes are so dangerous to the precious "Mother Earth", then permanently ground yours...you hypocrits.

Plane flew, no animals harmed (or tried to be harmed)...take some blood pressure medicine AND go to another thread.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
madman4049

Jettpilot I have seen several of your videos and some are ok. All are interesting to say the least and not necessarily always in a good way. I fully support the advancement of RC. That said I most definetely Support doing it responsibility. Cause let me tell you brother I don't really care how much your gear costs or what you do or don't do for that matter as long as it is responsible and has no chance of hurting the public image of RCers. That said I would like to comment on this statement of yours and withdraw.

THIS IS YOU
I like Birds, I have had several Parrots, Parakeets, etc. I would never do anything to harm the birds. What upsets me is that people are allowed to shoot them, thats why I think only a moron would complain about my filming birds when so many are killing them for pleasure

THIS IS ME
I love birds too don't get me wrong the wife and I have 4 parakeets and I would't do anything to harm them. That said I am an avid hunter. I grew up in southeaster KY and have hunted with those guns you speak of. Matter of fact I own several hunting guns and I have killed many animals and yes I do enjoy hunting it is infact an American Pasttime and a tradition since OH I DUNNO THE DAWN OF MAN. I'll tell you another thing. All of those poor little animals I have killed have tasted very well. Unlike you I do not simply go out and terrorize the the wildlife. I hunt them and I only hunt what I need and only hunt legally and I make full use of the animal.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Marro

Could you please enlighten us, oh mighty One Who Gets It ?

Could you be any more condescending or a bigger ass?

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: Marro

[8D]
AND YET ANOTHER ONE THAT DOSEN'T GET IT.........[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 PM
RealPilotAce

Can we please move this over to the WildLife section under 'who gives a crap' and get back to discussing AP techinical topics.

I read this board for ideas on what I plan on doing with my Plane and wireless camera... not who kills what, not who gets it, and what type of aircraft I would need to have AK-47's strapped to an RC to shoot down birds to make it to the PETA web site while I get it over 2.4GHz or is it 1.2 that would be better....

I think this topic has had it by now. We ALL GET IT (well some of us more than others, but that's another thread)!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 PM
RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: madman4049

THIS IS ME
I love birds too don't get me wrong the wife and I have 4 parakeets and I would't do anything to harm them. That said I am an avid hunter. I grew up in southeaster KY and have hunted with those guns you speak of. Matter of fact I own several hunting guns and I have killed many animals and yes I do enjoy hunting it is infact an American Pasttime and a tradition since OH I DUNNO THE DAWN OF MAN. I'll tell you another thing. All of those poor little animals I have killed have tasted very well.

Unlike you I do not simply go out and terrorize the the wildlife. I hunt them and I only hunt what I need and only hunt legally and I make full use of the animal.
YOU SEE THIS.... MADMAN GETS IT!![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Jett and Marro[sm=thumbs_down.gif] NEVER WILL!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Marro

My god, you really are an arrogant ass.

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: madman4049

THIS IS ME
I love birds too don't get me wrong the wife and I have 4 parakeets and I would't do anything to harm them. That said I am an avid hunter. I grew up in southeaster KY and have hunted with those guns you speak of. Matter of fact I own several hunting guns and I have killed many animals and yes I do enjoy hunting it is infact an American Pasttime and a tradition since OH I DUNNO THE DAWN OF MAN. I'll tell you another thing. All of those poor little animals I have killed have tasted very well.

Unlike you I do not simply go out and terrorize the the wildlife. I hunt them and I only hunt what I need and only hunt legally and I make full use of the animal.
YOU SEE THIS.... MADMAN GETS IT!![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Jett and Marro[sm=thumbs_down.gif] NEVER WILL!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:51 PM
twinturbostang

This is comical. Ok, so everyone do what RC Maniac says to do.... SAVE the birds, but DESTROY the rainforest!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 AM
RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: twinturbostang

This is comical. Ok, so everyone do what RC Maniac says to do.... SAVE the birds, but DESTROY the rainforest!
Now thats funny right there......I don't care who you are!!!!![sm=red_smile.gif] But in my defense..only one balsa tree at a time, NOT THE WHOLE FOREST AT ONCE!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 AM
pilot dood

P.E.T.A would that be " people for the eating of tasty animals ????
Old 11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
d_wheel

Could you please enlighten us, oh mighty One Who Gets It ?
I get it.

Later;

D.W.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 AM
depfife

I have removed or edited a few more posts. It seems some can't discuss the topic without resorting to personal attacks. Thread closed.