Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

FPV Flying

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ridietz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV Flying

I will be getting into FPV flying this year wanted to know what you think of my selection of components and some other unknowns. What else will I need?

I have a BlackwidowAV KX131 camera. Looking at the Futrue Hobbies 200 mW 5volt trans/rec. set, i-Vision 922 goggles, recorder unknown, ground power supply unknown.

Appreciate you opinion or alternates for consideration. And how do you get the heading/speed/altitude overlay?

Thanks,

Dick
Old 01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
giavonnie
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: FPV Flying

Hello Dick as for the overlay you might try this very inexpensive at $99.00 and it has many features.

-G

[link]http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=854[/link]
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
typicalaimster

There is a new forum over on RCGroups dedicated to FPV..

http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

Old 01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
ridietz

Thanks for these replies! I am moving up the learning curve but have a long way to go.

Dick
Old 01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
CRAZYRYAN

ORIGINAL: Dick Dietz

I will be getting into FPV flying this year wanted to know what you think of my selection of components and some other unknowns. What else will I need?

I have a BlackwidowAV KX131 camera. Looking at the Futrue Hobbies 200 mW 5volt trans/rec. set, i-Vision 922 goggles, recorder unknown, ground power supply unknown.

Appreciate you opinion or alternates for consideration. And how do you get the heading/speed/altitude overlay?

Thanks,

Dick
what about using the system from rctech were you buy a pan tilting camera put it inside cockpit view like im going to in my piper super cub, and that way you can look around to know where your going. You don't want a fixed vew cause that is limiting the horizon would go up down up down in a short time this is why it's important to be looking around to keep yourself oriented at all times and less likely get lost. This system is the best thing i will be buying for my cub in my lifetime. I've allways dreamed of flying in a model of my favorite plane without spending a huge amount of mone for the real deal!! It would be awesome to use this system when you do cross counrtry for your club you keep an eye on the car instead of the plane easier to do that plus you just sit in the car and not in the back of a pickup.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:15 PM
ridietz

Can you give me a link to this system or more specifics? I think my first phase will be FPV without pan/tilt and then see where I want to go from there. I would like to see the hardware you are referring to.

Thanks,

Dick
Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 AM
CRAZYRYAN

It's www.rc-tech.ch looks like a great setup
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
ridietz

Thanks for this link. I agree this is a great alternative. I have some hardware already and will study this RCTech carefully. My transmitter is not compatable so this will also be a consideration. Thanks for sharing this with me and happy landings.

Dick