Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Aiptek Mini PenCam

Old 01-18-2007, 10:51 PM
healthyfatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aiptek Mini PenCam

I just got one of these to start out with simple AP and very simple AV just for fun (it was $9). If anyone has used one of these before, do you know if you can use any other software to get the avi files and pictures off the camera other than the software it came with? It takes way too long to get movie files so I'm trying to find some alternatives. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

Default RE: Aiptek Mini PenCam

Man! I bought one of these when they were 100 bucks a few years ago. I don't think any other software will interface with the cam but isn't there an option to save the video as proprietary avi format or basically uncompressed video? I seem to remember the uncompressed version taking forever to download but their format taking much shorter. You needed their video codec to then play the movie (which is installed with their software) but you can convert it to normal avi I think using something like SUPER (a video convertor thats free try google).
Old 01-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Sir_Sparksalot
My Feedback: (8)

Hey all,
I have one of these and use the SD Card slot with a 128MB SD Card. I take this out and simply put into the card reader slot in my Printer.
Also, Check out this site for a way to make your picture taking even easier.
http://www.diyrc.com/ Click on the Aiptek Camera link. Pretty cool stuff!!
It does require a little more work, but the payoff is great! I know a few guys who use it this way and it has worked well.
Eric
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
noto

The old pencams are pretty slow for file transfering the newer SD versions have way faster memory speed.
To answer the question tho there isn't another software that will do it (that I know of) even if there was its the cameras speed thats the problem not really the software.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

I may stand corrected. I think I saw a thread on rcgroups about some software someone wrote to better interface with the aiptek cams but maybe its only for specific models??? If I find it again I'll try to post a link unless someone else finds it.