Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

DON'T USE PUTFILE!! read their terms of service first....

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

DON'T USE PUTFILE!! read their terms of service first....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DON'T USE PUTFILE!! read their terms of service first....

hey,

I just saw a video posted by Jettpilot which was hosted on Putfile.com. And I remember somebody showed me something about the rights to an uploaded file... well here it is:

6) By uploading an image, video or other file to Putfile.com, users give permission for the owners of Putfile to publish any such files through any associated media channel or party. Users upload files to Putfile on condition that they release all rights to the image, and give full permission to Putfile and its associates to use and publish the image in any way they wish. No compensation will be payable for the uploaded file being used in any such way.

So if you want to keep the rights to your video you better not post it on Putfile.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: DON'T USE PUTFILE!! read their terms of service first....

JettPilots video's are nothing but dung on a stick...........so why do you care?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
balsabuster2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must be that time of the month!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Mopzilla

EVERY VILLAGE HAS ONE.

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

JettPilots video's are nothing but dung on a stick...........so why do you care?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
lupy
My Feedback: (3)

I expect that most if not all video hosting services have similar clauses. The bottom line is that if you want to retain any real control over your video, then don't put it on the net. I don't think there's anything we do with our planes that is worth worrying about. No one is going to give you $$$ for a grainy video on some website. Even if I did have rc video footage of Elvis and Paris Hilton, putting it up on the net would instantly destroy any chance of some media giant paying me $$$ for it.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Super Sabre

Unless you have the equivalent of the Zapruder film, I wouldn't worry too much about possible lost profits from a shakey video of a balsa wood plane flying around.