Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Diversity Rx hookup

Old 02-08-2007, 11:31 PM
zagijimzoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diversity Rx hookup

Hi,

Cabling question:

How do you hook up a pair of goggles, a camcorder with AV input, and a diversity Rx?

What hooks into the RCA jacks of the diversity RX?
Where do the goggle jacks hook into?

I was thinking of buying the sony HRC-30 camcorder which has AV input!
do the goggles then hook into the camcorder?

i'm confused!

thanks for the help! jimo
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 AM
JMSTECH

Default RE: Diversity Rx hookup

Hmm..

Well I'm new to this but I do have some knowledge since I am experimenting on my Twinstar. Made a few test videos already and still improving on my system.
Ok so from your A/V RX you hook up a A/V amplifyer/splitter ( http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/FK655 ) (note: this applies if your RX has only one set of output). From the splitter you hook up your goggles and camcorder(input) to it. That's it!

I made the mistake at first by using an ordinary "Y" cable splitter from A/V RX to goggles and camcorder and what I got was a diluted week video with back feed problems. Basically the camcorder "on screen display" function spilled over into my goggles and I was receiving ghosting images. Not to mention the video quality was so weak because I had violated the incoming 75ohm. Basically in simple term I took a river and put a split into it and weakened the water current, then some of that water was back washing.

Hope I helped in some way

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55384.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	616981  
Old 02-11-2007, 08:39 AM
BlackSky

JMSTECH, will this also work? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=205-572

Thanks,

BlackSky
Old 02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
zagijimzoo

Thanks for all the great info!

The Pyle view and (FK655: Video Amplifier Kit) both have 1 video input and 4 outputs. What about the audio input? do you lose audio with these devices?
or does the one video input carry both the audio and video signal. If so then all 4 outputs carry both audio and video signals?
thanks...jimo

Old 02-14-2007, 03:45 AM
JMSTECH

Well The Pyle seems to have no audio inputs so that is why I recommend the Qkit. It has both audio and video, but you have to assemble the unit yourself. Time to whip out the old 30 watt soldering iron!

Jimoo I think PeteSchug may have answered you question anyways?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
zagijimzoo

JMSTECH,

hi,

The Qkit reads: This video amplifier kit has one input and four outputs. so this one input carries both audio and video signal?

thanks..jimo