Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

FPV flying q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM
diabloblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV flying q's

Im not new to rc flight but I am new to onboard video for rc flight. I have been looking through this forum and I have gathered that it is possible to fly an rc plane using "vr goggles" and equipment on the plane. I have to do a project or paper for graduation and Id rather do the project. My proposal for the project so far is to build a a/c and flying using only the onboard camera (and spotters). Can I do this? Can I do this for under $1000 (budget I set for myself)? Can anyone recommend video equipment? Its either this or an 18 page paper on what I learned in college []

I have alot of extra rc parts and dont mind cannibalizing the stuff I have. I have a ~96" Cub that just sit here, should I use it instead of scratch/kit/arf building?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
mal75

Default RE: FPV flying q's

I recently started flying in fpv myself. You can get a complete system with video glasses for well under a $1000. I bought part of my system from www.futurehobbies.com and some from www.rangevideo.com.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:56 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Its pretty easy. Well under 1000 dollars, if you have an RC plane already, you can do it for 500.

JettPIlot
Old 06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
kd7ost

Here's a whole forum dedicated to what you want to do.

Dan

http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/
Old 06-10-2007, 09:54 AM
typicalaimster

Video TX & RX = ~$300
Head Tracker = ~$200
Video Glasses = ~$200 - $300

As Dan pointed out we have a whole other forum on another board dedicated to the subject =P