Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Anyone bought from Raidentech?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM
edit1media

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought from Raidentech?

This deal seems pretty good. Would this be a good system for a .25 size plane?

http://www.raidentech.com/mimiwicopisp.html

Their prices on ARFs are really low too.

http://www.raidentech.com/cmpex30140731.html

Just curious if anyone has bought from them.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
cmarcar

Default RE: Anyone bought from Raidentech?

BUYER BEWARE
I have bought from Raidentech. Although not the camera you're looking at. I purchased an entry level 2ch airplane in Jan '07. I'm still trying to get a full refund. The first plane they shipped me cost 35+tax+s/h for a total of 44 or so. It was defective and I was able to get a RMA number to return it, but instead of crediting my account, they shipped me another defective plane. Again I had to ship if back to them. now on top of the $44 i had spent an additional $14 usps returning defective product to them. So far they have refunded $32 of my $58 that i have spent dealing with them. i've asked them for store credit, they denied. they rather lose a customer than satisfy.
my 2cents about raidentech
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
backin15

DO NOT BUY FROM RAIDENTECH! I bought my son a wireless camera for Christmas which was defective out of the box. According to their website they will not accept returns without a RMA number. I repeatedly E-mailed but never got a reply. I called several times but only got an answering machine and my messages were not returned. I contacted my credit card company to stop payment and the just issued an RMA after 6 months! Pleas do not buy from them.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
onlinejj

Raidentech sells shoddy products and then claims a no returns policy. I bought a rc airplane as a gift and it fell apart after 3 flights. I am now going through my credit card company to get a refund.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 PM
panzertank

For a while i myself thought raiden tech looked go as means of prices and quality. After looking at a few reviews i noticed that almost everybody said that their products were broken when they came and that they didn't get their money back or a new product when the tryed to return it. But it is really much worse than that. i have seen over 60 reviews from several different websites saying that they are horrible in servive and every other aspect. No wonder they were rated as a 2.69 out of ten on a website that reviewed other websites. In addition they were rated an "F" in service by a federal organisation that reviews the quaulity of the websites that sell items.IF you are looking for cameras go to www.myspycameras.com. they have a preety good selection and decent prices.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:44 AM
__REVO__

I actually about that micro video camera... I had no problems with Raidentech, and the camera worked perfectly. The drawback is that I couldnt get any aerial footage because I'm using a DX7. The 2.4ghz from the camera and the radio interfere, so whenever I turn the radio on, the camera gets static. Its an OK camera, but dont get it if your using 2.4ghz.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:27 AM
windsurfer
My Feedback: (37)

Yes, I bought a lot of planes from them. Every single one had a problem. I build airplanes from scratch, so ARF problems don't really affect me much. I would rate their customer service as a piece of s@*t! They always tell you to return the item for a refund instead of replacing or sending the defective part. Considering the return postage of the 70+" wing span airplane is in excess of $30, this quickly becomes a very expensive enterprise. If you are buying an airplane and but not a builder, I would recommend to buy one in a more reputable US dealer like Horizon or Tower.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
jpjamie

I totally agree with CMARCAR: BUYER BEWARE
You get what you pay for. I purchased a similarly priced video system for $44, it worked for a couple of days then just mysteriously quit. They sell these because they basically "work" but they're not very practical for RC applications. There are excellent wireless video systems out there, but you will pay much more and in return get higher quality. I personally like the way the market is progressing with flash memory card (Aiptek, Canon, Oregon Scientific) camcorders much better than wireless for RC video and have had much more success with it.