Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

"Operation Flycam" (goes wrong!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 AM
TheUnFitOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Operation Flycam" (goes wrong!)

I was becoming better and better at piloting my first RC Plane (Aerobird 3) so I thought I'd attach a FlyCamOne V.2 video camera to my plane, I eventually opted for fitting it above the wing (bad idea) and tried to ensure the 'Centre Of Gravity' etc was similar to the stock model which flies great, the plane was noticably unstable from the off and I should have brought back in straight away but I decided to persevere and the rest you can see for yourself......

When I eventually found it in the long grass it was smouldering and some of the plastic was on fire ! due to the electrics shorting out where the internal circuit boards had snapped in two and the motor was jammed with the long grass, the wing had also snapped in two and the whole plane is pretty much done in, I'm going to cut the fuselage in half down the seam and see what's what inside but it's definately time for me to go shopping again []

Video footage :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORhs58aRbQ
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
pipertec

Default RE: "Operation Flycam" (goes wrong!)

Gary,

You have my deepest sympathy as I have experienced the same tragic effects. Nothing like this to make you brush up on your weighs and balance aerodynamics.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
vertman

Default RE: "Operation Flycam" (goes wrong!)

Very impressive flight. Not many are able to say that they crashed in such a wonderful location. It's much better than the side of a brick building. Hope you recover and continue your flycam adventures.