Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Getting back into Aerial Photography

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Getting back into Aerial Photography

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 09:46 PM
ANeat
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting back into Aerial Photography

Hello everyone; Ive gotten back into taking some pics after quite a few years. The plane is a scratch built Telemaster 40 with a OS70 for power. The camera is a inexpensive Polaroid PDC640 mounted inside the plane. Its been hazy here tha last few days but I tried it anyway. The digital is definitly better that the 35mm I used in the past. Ill have to look into some of the video setups.
Here is a pic, there are more in my gallery.
Adam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	87844_20730.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	51086  
Old 06-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!
My first attempts at aerial photography didnt turn out so nice. Very blurry and could never figure out why. Used fast film, different engine speeds, balanced the hell outta the props, used a grip of foam around the camera, nothing worked. My only other idea was that the sleeve bearinged LA .46 just vibrated too much and possibly a ball bearinged engine might have worked better.
Working on wireless video now with good results on a combat slope glider. Hope to try it with a Kadet Senior this weekend.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:48 AM
ANeat
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago when I was messing with the 35mm I had problems with the blurr. I ended up just flying up to altitude and shutting the motor down and then gliding circuits, snapping pics on the way down.
On the Telemaster with the 4 stroke I was really expecting the same. I have the camera wedged in there, not to tight, using the white Hobbico foam that they sell for padding your fuel tank, reciever and everything else. I was pleasently supprised with the results but Ill have to get a better camera sooner or later. 640 X 480 wont cut it for long
Adam