Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

808 keychain cam, how do u use this thing

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

808 keychain cam, how do u use this thing

Old 05-07-2015, 02:41 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have Windows 7, and it comes with Movie Maker. Load your file there, edit out the dead air and add a few titles, etc., (the program is simple, but intuitive - but don't ask me to explain it to you :-) ) When you re-save the file, the size will be cut way down.

I have one of those keychain cameras too... I estimate that I use about 1MB/sec when filming. I haven't used mine for a while though.

Bob
Old 05-07-2015, 03:58 AM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N1EDM
I have Windows 7, and it comes with Movie Maker. Load your file there, edit out the dead air and add a few titles, etc., (the program is simple, but intuitive - but don't ask me to explain it to you :-) ) When you re-save the file, the size will be cut way down.

I have one of those keychain cameras too... I estimate that I use about 1MB/sec when filming. I haven't used mine for a while though.

Bob
Thanks I don't have window 7 so I don't know what I can use. Ron
Old 05-07-2015, 12:24 PM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by darticus
Got a 808 today but was really cheep. It works fine but files are very big. The video is great! A 4 min fly uses about 377mb of memory on the card. This must be tooo big to upload so what has to be done? Is this camera a waste or is there something to cut up the video and get it down to a viewable upload? Seems very cool! Thanks Ron
4 minutes video at 377mb doesn't really seem all that much of a file. Size of file will also depend on how you've set the camera up to record (quality of video). I use a Mobius #16 for all of my onboard rc recording and a 4 minute video for me is right around 550mb, but I've set my camera up to record in the highest quality mode that it is capable of doing. I've also got a 16gb card in the camera for storage. My computer uses Windows 8 and I edit all the videos using Sony Vegas 13 So these are some products and numbers you may want to research and consider as well as others.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:45 PM
darticus

You guys are very helpful. I tried to upload a 377mb 4 minute rc plane video to utube. It said it would take 107 minutes to upload so I stopped. Anyone know what I could try to cut up and edit my video? I am running Windows XP so I guess I have a dinosaur computer. Thanks all Ron
Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by darticus
You guys are very helpful. I tried to upload a 377mb 4 minute rc plane video to utube. It said it would take 107 minutes to upload so I stopped. Anyone know what I could try to cut up and edit my video? I am running Windows XP so I guess I have a dinosaur computer. Thanks all Ron
A 4 minute vid shouldn't take 107 minutes to upload. Try it again but don't stop too soon. Sometimes it may say it will take such n' such minutes but it goes a lot faster. I don't think it has anything to do with the camera cause you're only working with 377mb which isn't all that large. I'd say the problem is your computer if it's not the other issue I mentioned about the minutes not being accurate when you start uploading. Another thing to consider is how you're connected to the internet and/or service provider. Are you using old school internet connection or a free internet provider? That could slow the process down as well.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:21 AM
darticus

Thanks I will try again over the weekend. Thanks Ron

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
A 4 minute vid shouldn't take 107 minutes to upload. Try it again but don't stop too soon. Sometimes it may say it will take such n' such minutes but it goes a lot faster. I don't think it has anything to do with the camera cause you're only working with 377mb which isn't all that large. I'd say the problem is your computer if it's not the other issue I mentioned about the minutes not being accurate when you start uploading. Another thing to consider is how you're connected to the internet and/or service provider. Are you using old school internet connection or a free internet provider? That could slow the process down as well.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 PM
youhaan

Why get that camera when you can buy the Phantom 3 pro... BEST BUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhbEhjOx7FQ
Old 06-19-2015, 04:13 AM
darticus

Originally Posted by youhaan
Why get that camera when you can buy the Phantom 3 pro... BEST BUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhbEhjOx7FQ
This camera was 5 dollars. Is the Phantom 3 pro a better deal? Thanks Ron