Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

My first aerial video

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Flying_Luigi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first aerial video

This is a short video showing take-off, flying and landing my Avistar with a wireless camera. The camera was on top of left wing pointing to the front-down (you can see the propeller). Itīs a little dark and quality when you watch it on TV is much better, but here it is anyway. Enjoy it!!!

Luigi

http://www.rcsites.net/luigi/Avistar1.WMV
Old 07-14-2003, 09:48 PM
quyetflyer

Default nice vid!

Great video Lugiui....what type of video system are you using?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: My first aerial video

Originally posted by Flying_Luigi
This is a short video showing take-off, flying and landing my Avistar with a wireless camera. The camera was on top of left wing pointing to the front-down (you can see the propeller). Itīs a little dark and quality when you watch it on TV is much better, but here it is anyway. Enjoy it!!!

Luigi

http://www.rcsites.net/luigi/Avistar1.WMV
Looks great!
Yeah, what system did you use? Im guessing a cmos camera due to the prop strobe. Nice field too! I had problems also with the rendered video being darker than what you actually have on the tape. Something to do with making wmv files I guess.
Keep up the good work!
Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM
W4UAV

My third camera plane was an Avistar. I used a CMOS dome camera from Target, worked pretty good, sold it to a new RC pilot to learn on, minus the camera stuff of course!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93918_25915.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	53944  
Old 07-15-2003, 01:09 AM
W4UAV

Flying Luigi,
Just finished downloading your video, looks real good!
Keep it up!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Flying_Luigi

Default Camera setup

Hey thank you guys!

Well, I got this wireless camera last year. Is the spycamera cmos type and it says on the back "200mw, 8V". This was just a test and I only taped the camera on top of my wing. I know now that I need to isolate better the camera from vibration. If someone knows a way to do it, please tell me!!!...

I think we have a nice field to fly, really flat with no obstructions...and we are getting a re-surface of the runway very soon!!!...great, because I would like to maiden my spitfire on a nice and smooth runaway.

Hopefully I will be improving my aerial videos...this is fun and things look different from above, isnīt it?....

Luigi
Old 07-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Fubar-One

Default Re: Camera setup

Hey thank you guys!

Well, I got this wireless camera last year. Is the spycamera cmos type and it says on the back "200mw, 8V". This was just a test and I only taped the camera on top of my wing. I know now that I need to isolate better the camera from vibration. If someone knows a way to do it, please tell me!!!...

I think we have a nice field to fly, really flat with no obstructions...and we are getting a re-surface of the runway very soon!!!...great, because I would like to maiden my spitfire on a nice and smooth runaway.

Hopefully I will be improving my aerial videos...this is fun and things look different from above, isnīt it?....

Luigi
Unfortunately, CMOS cameras dont dig vibrations much. You might try to make a little balsa box big enough to fit the camera wrapped in foam. The more foam you can use, the better. Make sure your props are balanced. You might try taping the camera under the wing close in to the fuse also.
Pretty much need to experiment with your equip to find out what works best. Thats part of the fun!
This whole airborne video thing has been a learning process for me as far as what works and what doesnt work. The latter seems to be the bigger catagory.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:42 AM
Rotcivv17-RCU
Banned

Hey Luigi how much did the camera cost you?
Old 07-19-2003, 02:53 PM
GYANNI

For sure, the best r/c airfield I've ever seen.
The video is great!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:46 PM
rucanunes

Great video!! I just wish I had an r/c airfield like that one...
Old 07-28-2003, 09:35 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Default Re: Camera setup

Hey thank you guys!

Luigi
So the video was taken using the 200mw cmos camera?
If so, can I use the video on my website?
www.tinywireless.com

Thanks,
Vova
Old 07-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Rotcivv17-RCU
Banned

So Vova when do u think I'll be able to order one of them cameras???
Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 PM
reznikvova-RCU

I dont have them instock now. Waiting for shipment. Ill have shopping carts on the site tomorrow so you can preorder. If you need something specific Email me and Ill see what I can order you.

I have posted the prices on the Airborne systems page.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:51 PM
reznikvova-RCU

woah 100 posts. To celebrate ive made an avatar.

Ok, back to the topic. What were you saying .
Old 07-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Fubar-One

Originally posted by reznikvova
I dont have them instock now. Waiting for shipment. Ill have shopping carts on the site tomorrow so you can preorder. If you need something specific Email me and Ill see what I can order you.

I have posted the prices on the Airborne systems page.
Can you share the specs of the 1 watt system with the CCD camera? Voltage needed, current draw and such? Got the specs for the camera itself?
Always looking for more affordable sources for this stuff!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:17 AM
reznikvova-RCU

No specs yet, I should have all of the "technical" information in 1-2 days. When i receive the camera(1 week), Ill make a video to show its quality. I know It runs off of a 9 volt battery.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Fubar-One

Originally posted by reznikvova
No specs yet, I should have all of the "technical" information in 1-2 days. When i receive the camera(1 week), Ill make a video to show its quality. I know It runs off of a 9 volt battery.
Excellent!
Oh, when viewing the hi power systems page, when I switched the font to "largest", everything lined up pretty much correctly.

I used to use Netscape Composer for my webpages since you could download it for free from Netscape. Plus it was a
What you see is what you get" type of webpage editor. The Netscape 4 version worked better, in my opinion, than the Netscape 6 version.
The Netscape 4 version would also let you upload your page but it was a PITA IIRC.
I use Dreamweaver MX these days and WS-FTP95 for the uploads.
My HTML knowledge is minimal.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:14 AM
Flying_Luigi

Default Hey Vova!

Actually, last year I bought one of your systems (200 mW) and this is the same one I used on the video. Sure you can use it on your site if you want. I have been really busy lately, but hopefully I will be flying again soon and shooting with this system again. Iīm planning to mount it on one of my electric planes so the vibration from the engine will be much less and also mounting the RX on a pole for better reception.

Keep them flying!!!

Luigi
Old 07-29-2003, 12:25 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Luigi,
I was just going to ask you if you bought one on mine...
I remembered your name, sounded familar.

-Vova
Thanks for letting me use the video.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Rambo-RCU

Default Wireless Camera

Hey Fubar by the way I'm KE4VAM so were fellow hamsters.Hey I bought a 800MW. system from Newway thru EBAY.It.s very simular to the spylinker except i was able to get audio for $16.00 more.Anyways it worked fine until i was walking out in front of my home and it stopped transmitting and trans battery got yery warm.What do ya think Final output trans? Could it have been caused by having it to close to my body? Anyways I've written Newway and am awaiting there reply.I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as i don't want this happening again.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Fubar-One

Default Re: Wireless Camera

Originally posted by Rambo
Hey Fubar by the way I'm KE4VAM so were fellow hamsters.Hey I bought a 800MW. system from Newway thru EBAY.It.s very simular to the spylinker except i was able to get audio for $16.00 more.Anyways it worked fine until i was walking out in front of my home and it stopped transmitting and trans battery got yery warm.What do ya think Final output trans? Could it have been caused by having it to close to my body? Anyways I've written Newway and am awaiting there reply.I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as i don't want this happening again.
Could be possible. My father had one quit on him for no apparent reason but start working again when he opened the case up. Its been working fine since and has been airborne with no problems. You might have a short somewhere. There are quite a few unshielded coils inside that sucker just hoping to touch the inside of the case.
You might want to check those:
Spylinker circuitry
Having it close to your body shouldnt have bothered it. We have taped em to the side of a PT-40, the top of a Goldberg Electra, and on a Bowman Super Scooter which slammed nose first into the ground so hard it bounced back a good 8 feet back into the air!
73's!
Old 07-30-2003, 07:59 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Originally posted by Fubar-One
Can you share the specs of the 1 watt system with the CCD camera? Voltage needed, current draw and such? Got the specs for the camera itself?
Always looking for more affordable sources for this stuff!
Manufact. Specs:
Specification: Size:120x90x120mm
Technical Index: Make a video recording the device :1/3,1/4Picture sensor
Rule: PAL/CCIR NTSC/EIA
Effective picture element :PAL:628x582 NTSC:510x492
Picture area :PAL:5.78x4.19mm NTSC:4.69x3.45mm
Horizontal definition :380 Line
Scan frequency :PAL/CCIR:50HZ NTSC/EIA:60HZ
The minimum intensity of illumination:3LUX
Sensitivity: +18DB-AGC
VoltageC+12V
Current: 200mA
Power consumption: <640MW
My Price $60.00
Old 07-30-2003, 08:00 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Ohh thats funny, It made a smiley face where its supposed to say : DC
Old 07-30-2003, 08:19 PM
quyetflyer

hey there...will you be selling CCD cameras that can plug into the standard 800mw transmitter set....im not liking my cosmos camra too much and just wondering if i can use a nice ccd camera like the ones you sell with my existing system..thanks!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:33 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Yes,
I will be selling them seperately for $60.00
They plug right into the 800mw Tx.
I will have a limited supply of them. If i find out that they are popular, I will carry more of them.
They are on my site under cameras-> hardwired.

In the picture it looks like a dome security camera. I will be selling the without the dome.

Best regards,
Vova R.