RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   For those who care, new video posted to my site. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/1089605-those-who-care-new-video-posted-my-site.html)

Fubar-One 08-26-2003 12:34 AM

For those who care, new video posted to my site.

New video clip.

Info:
Shot using a Blackwidow AV half watt 900mhz video transmitter and a CCD color camera. I believe the camera was bought locally at Electronic City in Burbank, CA. All the info I have on that.
Camera is mounted on a servo modified for 180 degrees of motion and installed inside the cockpit of a Kadet Senior ARF, identical to mine but for the color.

Info:
Video has virtually no editing done to it other than a title graphic at the beginning and a pop-up title at mid point explaining an event.
No transitions for those *****ing about "editing to show the best of the transmission".
No music. Somebody *****ed about that also.
They havent provided any video that THEY shot, but oh f&%@ing well.

Info:
Only other editing is where the middle of the video is clipped out to prevent the thing running up to over 350megs in file size.
What was clipped was merely some 15 minutes of "More of The Same".
Other than that, what you see is what we shot.
Oh yeah, turn down your speakers. The sound is unedited also.

Info:
Clip can be found at:
Red Kadet airborne video.

Late.

Kmot 08-26-2003 05:48 AM

That's pretty neat. Interesting how the prop looks like it is stopping.

I heard the 1.2Ghz cameras will give a better picture. Oh, and some transitions every now and then would be nice. Could use a little background music too. :D

Ensignnolo 08-26-2003 12:31 PM

Fubar-One,
Nice video. I don't mind that there is no music, or transitions, or virtually no editing. When the view panned out the window, one could easily believe it was a full scale aircraft.

Nice Job.

Ensignnolo

gilesfordcrush 08-26-2003 02:28 PM

I've got a simple wireless system in an SE5 model, but the qualty is nothing like your latest RedKadet.wmv video - can you give us some more details about it. Is Spylinker the best place to get a camera and reciever set up. The think is I'm in the UK, near Heathrow, so whatever I use must be legal and PAL!!!

Cheerio,

Giles

NK1N 08-26-2003 03:32 PM

Re: For those who care, new video posted to my site.

Great job!

No transitions for those *****ing about "editing to show the best of the transmission".
There are those who never appreciate other people's hard work. Please keep posting.

No music. Somebody *****ed about that also.
I guess that's why they invented volume controls...

aaron2874 08-26-2003 04:25 PM

I love these kinds of videos. I especially like how you set up the cam on a servo in the cockpit. Very slick! I love that "panning cam" action. :cool:

Strykaas 08-26-2003 04:32 PM

Amazing work.

Too bad landing is missing.

The deck seems dusty ! Hope u use an air filter !

Righty-RCU 08-26-2003 04:56 PM

great video......crappy airfield

elevator_up 08-27-2003 01:46 AM

Very cool, for unedited it's awesome ! I have no problem with edited video, those who do are obviously anal and should get a life, certainally shouldn't move to hollywood. I wish you had the landing, landings and take-off are the highlights ! Keep inspiring us all !

Joatmon 08-27-2003 01:58 AM

Way kewl, Fubar

I liked seeing the planes shadow scoot by when you panned and rolled left.

Fubar-One 08-27-2003 02:06 AM

Yeah, the field stinks but we rarely have to share it. We are members of the Porta-Potti Pilots club but my father, while he can fly ok, absolutely sucks at landing in anything but an open field so he cant fly at the club field due to the needed carrier landing approachs. You gotta put that sucker right on the end of the runway dead center because its got a huge berm leading up to the highway on one end with a boulder pit just before the runway, boulders along the side of the runway with a boulder pit and swamp opposite the pits and a boulder pit with trees on the other side of it at the end of the runway. Short as hell runway too.
Did I mention all the boulders? Miss the runway and you are guaranteed to re-kit your plane.

As far as video of the Red Kadet landing, for some reason the battery unplugged from the power switch of the video system in mid flight.
For anyone that might be interested, I do have other airborne videos on the website that do include music, transitions and so forth including video taken from a slope flyer, electric glider, and a second Kadet Senior (blue). The Kadet has a servo mounted camera installed under the left wing which allows for fore and aft viewing.
Future video plans include a plane's eye view of slope combat and some, hopefully, video shot plane to plane if we can work out the possible frequency conflicts.
By that I mean duplicate 900mhz systems which ARE FULLY LEGAL FOR US TO BROADCAST ON.
[Rant]
I know Im sounding more than a little *****y here but after all the crap I got both here and in PM's about recommending the 1.2ghz systems from people who then suggest illegal (for 99% of the population) 2.4ghz systems, I cant help it. :mad:
I had just discovered a neat new aspect of this hobby and wanted to share what I felt was a kill deal with others on this cool as hell forum I had recently found.
Was also proud of my results to date and wanted to share those too. Adding the editing, music, transitions and so forth were just part of the fun, I thought. Got any idea how hard it is to sync actions on the video to changes in the music? It was not, however, hiding what the true resulting video footage was. Anything more than 5 minutes or so quickly palls, especially if its silent or consists of just engine and wind noise but I was accused of hiding the system performance with flash and glitz. Hence the last video being fairly raw but short. True results. Those that sent the flame PM's can kiss my big fat butt. [/Rant]

Anyway, updated videos will be posted as they are created for those interested.

Strykaas 08-27-2003 09:06 AM

Why are there radio glitches on your video ??? :confused:

Fubar-One 08-27-2003 11:09 PM

Originally posted by Strykaas
Why are there radio glitches on your video ??? :confused:
The glitches were in the aircraft radio and not the video system itself. We believe it was caused by the FMA rx antenna running between the servos. The glitching continued after the video system was turned off. It affected all the servos at the same time, not just the one the camera was mounted on. You can hear the engine sound falter when the camera twitches to the side. Actually, the whole plane would twitch so it was kind of a handful to fly.
Engine is a Saito .56 four stroke.

CrispyCritter 08-27-2003 11:43 PM

Fubar, call me naive but I never thought anyone would go that low as to flame you through PM. I have let my feelings be known about negative people here before (blame it on the family run business I used to work for that could find a negative in everything) but to blast someone through a PM is just downright wrong. As I have said before, I very much appreciate your research and input and especially enjoy your videos. I posted that I was giving up my video because of a proximity to a FAA flight service station but then was told by the same people who said to watch out for the feds and illegal cameras that I should't have to worry about that. Go figure. Keep em flying and videoing Fubar.

Bruce

Strykaas 08-28-2003 12:50 PM

Just a piece of advice :

Flying R/C aircraft just near a road with radio glitches is a bit risky... Don't u think so ?

SunShyne 08-28-2003 02:48 PM

Dan just my 2 cents:

- AWESOME VIDEO!!!
- KEEP IT UP!!
- DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT, DO IT YOUR WAY!!

nice job, more vids!!

matt

Fubar-One 08-28-2003 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Strykaas
Just a piece of advice :

Flying R/C aircraft just near a road with radio glitches is a bit risky... Don't u think so ?

True.
The glitches were more like twitches and there was never any actual loss of control with the plane. The flight was kept short and, once landed, the plane was grounded until such time as it is determined what the cause is and a remedy is applied.
Also, the glitches are much more apparent on video than they were thru direct observation of the aircraft in flight.

We were thinking about keeping the plane in the air to see how the proximity fuse would react with an SUV loaded with a combination of Bling-Bling rims, overdriven subwoofer, and a moron on his celphone, but the Saito on the Kadet is new and it was decided to abort the experiment. :p

quyetflyer 08-29-2003 12:03 AM

you are quite amusing dan!!!!...keep up the vids...and all the great useful info that you provide to the readers of this board!-Jordan

al3208 08-29-2003 01:13 AM

Fubar,

Great vid. As far as the ranters...let em' rant. Because of you, I bought the Spylinker set up and I love it. I live in the Bay Area right in the middle of Moffet Field (military), San Jose, Oakland, and San Fran Airports. The SF planes fly over our field in their landing patterns and I haven't crashed one yet (although I tried to go and meet one but I lost sight of my T-34)!

It's a matter of fact that anytime someone comes up with a good idea, there is someone else to b$*%h about it, often times hiding behind the 'law'.

Lets face it, 800mw isn't enough power to shave with but the fact that the camera is on a reserved freq. is enough for people to lend their 'expert' opinions (they are more concerned with the misuse of a freq. than the consequeces of what they think will happen).

Point being, awesome posts, awesome sites, and thanks for the enjoyment!

Alan

PS I showed my camera off at our club meeting, the videos shot from it, and the plane used with it. About 5 other pilots went out and ordered one. Am I guilty of conspiracy? RICO Act -- Oh no!

Kmot 08-29-2003 02:00 AM

We were thinking about keeping the plane in the air to see how the proximity fuse would react with an SUV loaded with a combination of Bling-Bling rims, overdriven subwoofer, and a moron on his celphone, but the Saito on the Kadet is new and it was decided to abort the experiment
I woulda detonated the Saito, sorry.............. :D

screamindemon69 08-30-2003 07:32 PM

can't we just say it's a good video??? he didn't crash, he flew well, and he didn't get his panties in a bunch over the fact that there wasen't any music. personally i think it's great when u hear the sound of the engine and the wind, it gives you an idea of what it is like to be up in the air with your plane, that's what it really sounds like up there.

Sincraft 09-06-2003 02:42 AM

BRAVO...MORE!

When I saw that camera pan out of the side windows, I yelled SWEET! And woke everyone up. :)

S

SeacretsOceanCity 09-21-2003 02:53 PM

RE: For those who care, new video posted to my site.

Fubar getting ready to order a kadet I cant tell what engine you have mounted 4 stroke?
I have a new 60 OS FX you think that will handle a load of wireless.

Fubar-One 09-21-2003 03:19 PM

My father is using a Saito .56 fourstroke on his Kadet Senior. Plenty of power even with the heavier 12v powered video system.
I would not use the .60 FX. WAY too much engine for the Kadet and completely unneeded. The KSA will fly perfectly well with a .40LA. My Super Tigre .51 ringed is almost too much engine for the KSA. I just happened to have the engine handy. If I was to do it again, I would probably either use my .46LA or get a .46FX.
I honestly think that the .60FX will tear the plane apart.

ORIGINAL: 512 CES

Fubar getting ready to order a kadet I cant tell what engine you have mounted 4 stroke?
I have a new 60 OS FX you think that will handle a load of wireless.

SeacretsOceanCity 09-21-2003 03:44 PM

Thanks for the reply I also have a 50sx OS maybe I'll go with that.