RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   Cue Air Pilot Bear (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/4410883-cue-air-pilot-bear.html)

algy 06-20-2006 01:45 PM

Cue Air Pilot Bear

Apologies if this link has been mentioned before, but I came across this link indirectly.

It must be (in my opinion), one of the coolest videos, yet.

See:- http://cue.la.coocan.jp/hdv_movie/Osanpo7.wmv

Cheers

Al

roltech 06-20-2006 10:23 PM

RE: Cue Air Pilot Bear

Now! that's real cool.

roltech

Sky High 06-21-2006 01:30 AM

My graphics card just couldn't handle it and the file crashed my computer twice! Its resolution is a huge 1280x720! What in the world?

algy 06-21-2006 03:24 AM

PS if having trouble with the above link, 'right click' on link and do a 'save as'.

Be aware that the video is in WMV format, and is 95 Mb in size, but well worth the download.

Cheers

Al

Sky High 06-21-2006 04:11 AM

Oh, I did download it first but it still crashed the computer. I've never seen a video encoded with that large of a resolution before.

A10FLYR 06-21-2006 09:02 PM

Plays good for me. But...a rubberband for a seat belt? I'm glad I'm not the pilot!! Great looking vid tho!!

roltech 06-21-2006 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Sky High

Oh, I did download it first but it still crashed the computer. I've never seen a video encoded with that large of a resolution before.
Had no trouble with this video and yes it's full screen, for the one with older computers, may not be able to view this. Too bad this one is a good one. and so clear with high resolution.

roltech

Sky High 06-22-2006 02:57 AM

Okay, I was able to get it to partially play on another computer. The video would stop and go every few seconds but the audio was continuous. What I did see was some very clear video though. I wonder what kind of cameras were used? I thought I saw the steering wheel move when the plane did.

Dennis H. 06-22-2006 05:50 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Sky High

Okay, I was able to get it to partially play on another computer. The video would stop and go every few seconds but the audio was continuous. What I did see was some very clear video though. I wonder what kind of cameras were used? I thought I saw the steering wheel move when the plane did.

Yes the Streeing did turn, and push in and out too! really cool video, took a little bite to down load, I'm using DSL!
For you dail up, don't try, you'll be there for some time.

Sky High 06-22-2006 07:04 PM

I'm using high speed cable. The computers that I viewed it on only had 128 MB of RAM. I think that's what the problem was since the resolution was so huge but not necessarily the file size.

10Thumbs 06-22-2006 08:05 PM

So how did they make the yoke and the bear's head move?

kd7ost 06-22-2006 10:06 PM

The bears head looked to me like it was on a shaft coupled to a servo output. I would guess based on the action or motion that it was on a three way switch like a flap toggle switch. It wasn't subtle motion. The head moved right and left to a fixed point as if center toggle was looking ahead and either direction from there moved left or right. The motion moved about as fast a some servo's when switched like that.

The yoke may have been linked with rudder motion. Thats a common (sort of) method of making your plane look like it's being operated from the yoke. A spare servo can be connected with a Y cable to the Yoke so when you put in aileron or rudder commands, the Yoke moves with the control surface.

I don't know if this is what the pilot did. It's just an educated guess.

Dan

roltech 06-22-2006 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: 10Thumbs

So how did they make the yoke and the bear's head move?
All with servos etc.

roltech

Rocketman_ 06-23-2006 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: algy

PS if having trouble with the above link, 'right click' on link and do a 'save as'.

Be aware that the video is in WMV format, and is 95 Mb in size, but well worth the download.

Cheers

Al
Good grief!! 95 megabytes?? Don't they know anything about resizing and compression for Internet use?
Yes I have broad band but I still ran out of patience.

twinturbostang 06-23-2006 09:39 AM

It's worth it though. The clarity and detail is amazing!

dominiqueFrance 06-23-2006 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Rocketman_

Good grief!! 95 megabytes?? Don't they know anything about resizing and compression for Internet use?
Yes I have broad band but I still ran out of patience.
The whole idea of this video was to show the high definition and high quality capability. If it were resized and compressed for morons use, it would just be another stupid video that looked like a cheap camera strapped to a plane. This guy has something very special here. If you dont have the attention span to download it, or even intelligence to start the download before Sesame Street starts, then you dont deserve to watch it.

That was a great video, worth every megabyte !

Rocketman_ 06-23-2006 04:14 PM

dominiqueFrance,

I'm truly sorry that you were offended by my choosing not to continue the download. You sound so hurt.

friedclutch 06-24-2006 12:39 AM

"You sound so hurt"

LOL

My gawd what the hell is wrong with that Guy? Could this be yet another angry european? Hey man...... Really. Was it really worth getting THAT butt-hurt over Rocket mans' statement? I downloaded the video.... Yes, it's cool. But come on. There is plenty of clarity splender to experience for far less than 95 megs. No need to return fire. There was never an attack. Nobody flew panes into your buildings and killed six thousand people.

emailbanter 06-24-2006 10:05 AM

I enjoyed the video and think the download was worth the few minutes it took. Please send some more and I'll be sure to watch them in high definition, something I hadn't seen done on aerial video before.

x-per 06-24-2006 01:07 PM

Wow it is fun to se people still dont know what HD video is, and the point of it.

dominiqueFrance is totalt right, i have stoped downloading RC movies because everyone is so stupid to compress it so hard that
it looks like the game pong from the 80's, looks just like a pixel moving around the screen and it's really not
fun to view it.

It took me like 15 minutes to download it, that made me wonder how people could be so unpatience, unpatience like a
child to not survive a 15 min download ;)

Rocketman_ hmm "internet use", last time i heard that statement was back in the 90's when everyone had 56k modem.
Comon, we live in 2006 now ;) The video tecnique (bad spelling) deserves to be in good quality to be able to enjoy it.
Really, i cant see what the fun is to view a pixle video with high compression.

6mbit bitrate mpeg2 stream FTW ;)

Sky High 06-24-2006 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: x-per

Wow it is fun to se people still dont know what HD video is, and the point of it.
Wow, I think it's even more fun to see people that still don't know how to spell and speak correct English tell others how inferior they are!

x-per, maybe you need to start learning how to speak English and spell correctly before you start lecturing ANYBODY about anything. There, how does it feel to be run down by something you can't help? Yours and dominiqueFrance's responses were totally inappropriate and neither one of you know what the hell your talking about anyway. I agree with the fact that video is really not worth watching if it's heavily compressed but the fact is that there are still alot of dial up users out there and not everyone can afford a high speed connection or can't get it because of their location. But noone needs to be called names because of their connection speed or hardware. Even if they do have a high speed connection they could have a computer that doesn't have the latest hardware like what I was trying to view it with earlier because at the time I didn't have my laptop that can do ANYTHING. On top of that, not everyone understands how internet video works with tradeoffs in quality for speed of a download. Noone should be called names or made fun of because of this. Both of you need to watch your mouths and if you have any decency, you will appologize to these people that you have referenced as morons and ignorant fools! Learn some manners when speaking to someone, jackasses. Got it!!

x-per 06-24-2006 04:57 PM

Sky High: Seriusly what is your problem and what is it you dont understand?
Where on earth did i "call people names" and how inferior they are, where did i do that?

When i stated "everyone is so stupid" did i then refer to anyone? No!
Did i use someones nickname? No!
Did i call someone morons and ignorant fools? No!

Really, i dont understand people like you that assumes that i call people names, i even throw
in smileys, witch i only use to make sure noone could missunderstand my intention with my reply
and that i definitely was not writing it to be rude, but clearly that wasn't enough.

So Sky High read the reply 2-3 times before you answer to make sure you are not missunderstand something,
and you call us jackases?
Who just sank down to sandbox level? You.
You semes to have a really short fuse so my tip to you is when you read something on a forum that makes you angry,
go away for 15 minutes and do something completely different and when you have calm down go back to the forum.

Good day, but x-per, i said good day (quote from That's 70's show)

Sky High 06-24-2006 05:15 PM

When i stated "everyone is so stupid" did i then refer to anyone? No!
Did i use someones nickname? No!
You are correct! You said everyone, which means me and everybody else.

Did i call someone morons and ignorant fools? No!
You did not specifically say morons but that was a blanket statement covering you and Mr. dominiqueFrance but you did say everyone is stupid which implies the rest of us are ignorant.

Really, i dont understand people like you that assumes that i call people names, i even throw
in smileys, witch i only use to make sure noone could missunderstand my intention with my reply
and that i definitely was not writing it to be rude, but clearly that wasn't enough.
Learn some manners when speaking to someone, jackasses! :):D Okay, is that better for you?

Who just sank down to sandbox level? You.
I reckon just long enough to put you in your place.

First of all, I usually don't even think twice about things like this but dominiqueFrance's and your comments just hit me a certain way and I responded. I like to poke at people all the time but I usually don't say things that are so obviously condescending and if I do it's with those that I have gotten to know a little bit. You have less than 30 posts on this board (as of this post) and you start running your mouth like the typical new know it all. Your comments were not nearly as ridiculous as dominiqueFrance's but similar in tone. You don't owe me any explainations but I can still have an opinion. One other thing, don't be giving me any tips.

Scott55 06-24-2006 06:40 PM

Incredible footage. Well worth the wait.

Sky High 06-25-2006 05:48 AM

This is what kind of person we're dealing with as far as Mr. dominiqueFrance. I came across this post by him on another board. Again he only had around 11 posts at the time. What a great way to start off on a new board. He makes JP look like an altar boy! [sm=lol.gif] :D :)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=22

lupy 06-25-2006 06:34 PM

Yes, it's 90meg, but given the quality, it's pretty impressive. I have tried several compression techniques, and 90 meg is pretty good. I want to see the remote camera head that some of the shots are taken with. I asume that part of what is going on is that he has so much better a pic to start with, that a little loss in compression isn't going to kill the pic. With normal video, at 350-400lines, plus downlink losses, any aditional compression really shows up.

As far was waiting for the download, can't you find something else to do while it's downloading? Eat dinner, check mail, feed the cat? It's not like the download is going to stop if you get up or open another window.

Ken

Sky High 06-25-2006 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: lupy

With normal video, at 350-400lines, plus downlink losses, any aditional compression really shows up.
Because this video is HDV with more than double the standard scan lines, this video could easily tolerate more compression and still hold up well. As long as the data rate didn't fall below 1 MB, it would be fine because in this video there's not alot movement so there's not much pixel refreshing required.

viper1 06-26-2006 09:11 PM

You're all a bunch off whining children....[>:] [sm=thumbdown.gif]

This man has has a bunch of compressed clips on his site, about five varying in size from 2.9 to 6.5 MB , if that's to large in size, your PC is not capable to watch video period.
(video doesn't come much smaller than that?)

Only one (nr.6) is in original resolution to show the true quality, but still you'all Whiiiiineeeee!

Anyway, I love this clip, it's one of my favourites[sm=thumbup.gif]

Here's a google translated link; NOTE THE REQUIRED SPECS IN BLUE UNDER THE THUMBNAIL !

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=...language_tools

"As for unauthorized borrowing of the movie please be modest."
----Hey, I didn't translate that, google did :D ----

Sky High 06-26-2006 11:06 PM

It doesn't matter what the file size is if it's a progressive streaming file. It will eventually start to play without having to download the whole file first. That simply means that the video will begin to play after a few seconds of buffering in the player so the download is always ahead of the player, hence the name progressive download. This process just may take a little longer to begin for dial up users or those with slower processors. I wish dial up would just disappear and high speed would be the standard but that is a few more years down the road. Viper, you and the other two obviously just think about yourselves and how elite you are. Like I said, I hate dial up and wish it would disappear from the face of the earth. But, I don't put others down for using it for whatever reason that may be. In other words, a dial up user could be informed of their inferior connection without the condescending comments. Dial up users, you should prepare for the inevitable scarcity of manageable video files for that slow connection speed. If you don't have high speed in the next few years your selection will be very limited as far as current and new content.

lupy 06-26-2006 11:32 PM

The orig link didn't give the smaller vids as an option, sure with a little cut and paste they could have been found, but I didn't see them untill they were pointed out.

I watched a couple of them, one of which shows the inner workings of the bear. They are cute, but watching the 90meg one again, the diff is night and day, it's just so clear and clean, all the shipping containers an the cars on the ground are distinct, not shapless blobs, like on my videos :( . I want high def!!!!

As far as whiny dial up users, you have my deepest sympathy, I hated it when I had it, and the web has moved to a point now where designers just asume that users have at least DSL, if not a T1.

Now everybody be cool like Fonzie [8D]

Ken

Sky High 06-27-2006 12:31 AM

Right now, a lower end HDV camera will set you back about $2000-$2500 which is several times more than the damn plane that gets it up there! [X(] [>:]

ORIGINAL: lupy

As far as whiny dial up users, you have my deepest sympathy, I hated it when I had it, and the web has moved to a point now where designers just asume that users have at least DSL, if not a T1.
I guess they figure that those that have high speed connections have more money to spend on their sites. I got news for them, if their customers are R/C folks they're more than likely going to be slap ass broke. :D

mrbig 07-18-2006 08:10 AM

The video was great, I loved the resolution and it only took 3 minutes for me to download. Well worth the time.

Brian

tonystott 07-18-2006 09:03 AM

Well for me, this was the very best R/C video I have ever downloaded, and as far as I am concerned, I feel sorry for those people without the bandwidth and/or PC grunt to handle this high resolution video, but quite simply, dumbing down videos to cope with technology challenged people is a backward step.

I used to rue not having a good enough system, but it only cost a few hundred bucks to pick up a 256Mb graphics accelerator card and a new motherboard with big-balls processor. Until I stumped up the cash, I certainly didn't feel the need to moan and whinge, because the shortcoming was at my end.

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with, or even worse, bringing up the 9/11 issue as a way of attacking someone's nationality is so lame it is not funny.

The great beauty of the Internet is that every PC has a suitable key to allow you to move on.

thefirstjunglepilot 07-18-2006 10:56 AM

I will try to prepare it as FLASH Streaming video (much faster loading and still maintains better than average quality) and post link on here. That way more people can enjoy it. Large file size (90 MB) makes it slow to download but that's why the quality is so good. My version will progressively stream it and begin in seconds. File size should be around 12 MB
Ciao

Sky High 07-18-2006 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: tonystott

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with........
Let me tell you something Mr. 4 Post tonystott. I am an equal opportunity offender and purposefully chose something that could possibly and hopefully offend those jerks to show them how it feels to be put down for no good reason. You obviously think only of yourself as well. Although it's not really relevant here, if you were selling a product or service, you would never survive in the streaming media business because you fail to see the importance of reaching every potential viewer.

thefirstjunglepilot 07-18-2006 06:43 PM

I took the video and ran it through Vegas 6 editor and Flash 8 to make the file play more easily for most with reasonable bandwidth. While not meant for 56k users, they can watch it also if they are a little patient.

Hope this helps make it more broadly available. (This version is 12.7 Mb and progressively downloads based on your connection speed)

Here is the link on my server: http://www.junglepilot.org/rc/osanpo7.html

Sky High 07-18-2006 07:03 PM

Yep, it loaded up and played within 3 seconds! Thanks.

Gyrojim 09-06-2006 08:57 PM

the bear needs eye protection[:o]

tonystott 09-09-2006 12:30 PM

Troll failed. sorry.

ORIGINAL: Sky High

ORIGINAL: tonystott

And by the way, having a dig at someone's spelling when it is their meaning you disagree with........
Let me tell you something Mr. 4 Post tonystott. I am an equal opportunity offender and purposefully chose something that could possibly and hopefully offend those jerks to show them how it feels to be put down for no good reason. You obviously think only of yourself as well. Although it's not really relevant here, if you were selling a product or service, you would never survive in the streaming media business because you fail to see the importance of reaching every potential viewer.

ntsmith 09-09-2006 05:53 PM

Well all I can say is thanks for posting it. Very enjoyable and the wait was no where near as waiting for one of our buses.
Cool.
Thanks again.