RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   My new on board camera with good quality video. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/4497196-my-new-board-camera-good-quality-video.html)

-=Brian812=- 07-13-2006 11:51 AM

My new on board camera with good quality video.

My first video, What ya think?

http://media.putfile.com/New-onboard-video-camera

BobbyGee 07-13-2006 05:49 PM

RE: My new on board camera with good quality video.

Fun little clip. What camera?

With all that open space around it's interesting that in the few seconds after taking off you had to dodge the hydrant, the curb, and the building!! :D

BobbyG

-=Brian812=- 07-13-2006 09:53 PM

It's a Kodak Easy Share V530 mounted on top of my slowstick. I stole (borrowed) it from my wife!
I put an arrow through the wing and taped it on. The curb, hydrant, building were all planned as part of the takeoff..........:eek:

seaspeed 07-13-2006 10:56 PM

Wow nice clarity, the camera that I bought has lines running thru it. Did you catch it in the end ? [8D]

twinturbostang 07-13-2006 11:06 PM

Cool. The camera looks a bit loose on the plane. You might want to secure it a little better. I'm sure your wife would not be thrilled if it came loose 100 ft up! [X(]

cobratraxxas69 07-15-2006 11:48 AM

Great resolution, i don't think I've seen on-board video with such resolution!!

-=Brian812=- 07-16-2006 10:15 PM

You should see the resolution b4 I had to convert the file! That little camera rocks!

(seaspeed) it was a hand catch. [X(] but I don't recomend it!

The slowstick had a few problems today, It tried to fight a goal post and lost. DARN!!!! parts on the way.........

Brian.

***Check out the crashclub when you get a chance, (http://groups.msn.com/HobbyzoneRCPla...l/general.msnw)***

cfv007 07-17-2006 10:43 PM

Hey Brian,
At what resolution does that camera of your wifes actually record videos? What size memory card do you have? And ... do you know the weight of the camera?

great video by the way!

Chuck

-=Brian812=- 07-20-2006 12:07 PM

Hey Chuck,

Video resolution: 30 fps @ VGA (640 × 480), 30 fps @ QVGA (320 × 240)
1 Gig memory card.
Weight is 143 grams.

Thanks
Brian.

NorfolkSouthern 07-26-2006 09:44 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a video from that camera mounted on a nice, steady .40 sized trainer such as the Nexstar. The resolution is the best I've seen of on board videos so far. I would like to see smoother banking and elevator, however. I am sure that would be easier said than done with a model that size, though.

NorfolkSouthern

cfv007 07-26-2006 11:43 PM

Thanks for the info Brian ... now to find the perfect platform. Hmmm

Chuck :eek:

Ramones The 07-27-2006 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ---Brian812---

Hey Chuck,

Video resolution: 30 fps @ VGA (640 × 480), 30 fps @ QVGA (320 × 240)
1 Gig memory card.
Weight is 143 grams.

Thanks
Brian.
Excellent Video, thanks for sharing !!

So is it safe to assume that this camera will also record with clarity ? The Aiptek IS-DV2

The IS-DV2 camcorder from Aiptek records videos at 30 frames per second in MPEG-4 Super VHS quality (640x480 VGA resolution) with sound.

I had ordered this one a few days ago, and waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks for any input.

-=Brian812=- 07-27-2006 07:19 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I hope the IS-DV2 works for you Ramones, post video when you get a chance.

My slow stick hit a goal post so I am waiting on parts but I will post some videos when I get the plane back up.

Brian

GAGE308 09-16-2006 09:35 PM

Not a bad video at all. Great clarity. One thing I'd like to add and Not so much to your vid Brian but to all. I Think when we make an effort to Eliminate Parts of the plane from the picture, It helps to make a much much better Final product. I Think mounting the cameras under the plane and with some protection of course(foam, protective housing) and Have it aimed at an angle Just Down low enough so that the prop isnt Visable. i Know Im asking a lot. But It makes a Much easier video to watch and It'll be worth tghe extra efforts. and I know a lot of Us are just getting Use to a new camera and flying with extra weight, But Anyway...Just something for us all to think about. I know it looks kind of cool to have a Part of the side of the Plane or a bit of the Prop turning in some of the videos. I'll try to find some that I made without any part of the plane showing.
Good luck guys.
D