RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   Question: a TILT-Pan system for airplane? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/5236014-question-tilt-pan-system-airplane.html)

forbidden_city 01-09-2007 09:21 AM

Question: a TILT-Pan system for airplane?

We got a job: flying on a mountain and monitoring the forest by a camera. The camera needs to point to the ground, vertically, for most time, even when the airplane is turning with aileron. So, I need a light but big enough TILT-Pan system to mount my cam. The cam is a little bigger than a coke tin.

Any commercial product?

Tired Old Man 01-09-2007 10:38 AM

RE: Question: a TILT-Pan system for airplane?

You keep asking for information that is severely watched under the International Trade and Arms Regulations, administered by the U.S. Department of State. The last time that I'm aware of you were looking for information that would permit you to develop an electric generator that would fit a gas or glow engine.

Any information that relates to GPS aerial navigation and model planes, pan/tilt cameras and model planes, or any other informatuon that enlightens areas of UAV technology is forbidden to be passed on. That information includes physical parts, technical matter, instructions, etc. All such information is considered extremely sensitive in the view of the U.S. government, and the exchange of such information has some very stiff rules and penalties. All U.S. citizens are governed by this set of regulations, whether they are aware of it or not.

I'm sorry, but if you can't access open and commercially available web sites from your country of origin then they must be blocked, and if they are it's for a very good reason.

This thread should be closed at the earliest opportunity.

forbidden_city 01-09-2007 10:58 PM

OK I have to accept this. I think this site is an open forum for modellers where we can exchange the experience and happiness. What I'm trying to do is about making my model planes more exciting and maybe earn some money from this hobby. And I thought "internet" is "Inter........net". Anyway, thanks for your reminding and I think I learnt something from this.

twinturbostang 01-10-2007 09:27 AM

forbidden_city: Don't listen to that guy. If information is freely posted on public forums, and you have access to them from your location, then what he says has no meaning. I would suggest going over to rcgroups.com and checking out the "Aerial Photography" and "Video Piloting" forums. The video piloting forum is brand new and primarily has to do with FPV (First Person View) flying, via a video downlink and either video goggles or using LCD displays, etc. However, there is some good information over there as far as pan/tilt systems. There are more people that like to tinker with stuff over on rcgroups, and you will find that most are willing to help you out.

williesims 01-12-2007 02:04 AM

actually Twin he is not far off there are rules and regulations around this
And I am not saying this is the goal of forbidden City but simple sites like this could be a way of getting around those sactions.
UAV Technoligy is growing fast and can become not only a great tool but a very dangrous Weapon
sorry forbidden

twinturbostang 01-12-2007 09:34 AM

There are hundreds of privately owned companies working on UAV technology. And hundreds (thousands?) of individuals that are doing hobby grade UAV work as well. Tons of information is out on the web if you search for it. If he has access to it from his location, then there's not one thing you can do about it.

BTW, claiming that information regarding a simple camera pan/tilt system is sensitive information is downright stupid. Perhaps some of the more advanced GPS technologies, because those can be used to specifically target individual locations with high precision. But most of the stuff that SilverSurfer listed is pretty common knowledge everywhere. Besides, if what you say is true, then everyone on this board and rcgroups should be arrested for sharing information that could potentially be used in a dangerous weapon. :eek:

ripper-911 01-13-2007 11:51 AM

And btw, to answer your question:

http://www.servocity.com/html/pan___tilt_systems.html

forbidden_city 01-15-2007 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone's attention and special thanks to Twin and Ripper! The site you provided is really what I need!

And I post my photo taken last Saturday. For fun.

forbidden_city 01-17-2007 08:23 AM

From the picture, you can see that my "tilt-pan" is made basically from a helicopter's stabilizer frame.

SAVS 01-17-2007 08:55 AM

Aren't those air force recon planes in the background of the second picture? Like from a military base...:D

forbidden_city 01-17-2007 09:01 PM

Yes, this is a aviation museum. They have an area for model planes.