RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   Any word on the Flycamone v2? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/6561382-any-word-flycamone-v2.html)

ReefBlueCoupe 10-30-2007 10:35 PM

Any word on the Flycamone v2?

I've been searching for this camera high and low.. NOBODY in the states stocks it. I found a few sites which have it listed (Hobby Lobby) and when I called they said they are waiting for a newer model of the camera, but don't know exactly when it will be in.

I found the black camera that is similar, but it lacks the 45 degree mirrored carriage the Flycamone comes with. I supposed I could fashion one, but it'd be nice to have a clean all in one package.

ReefBlueCoupe 10-30-2007 10:49 PM

RE: Any word on the Flycamone v2?

Well I just found the original model on Ebay, so I ordered it. Finally some showed up!

I will probably buy the new model as well when it becomes available.

fwolf15 10-31-2007 04:33 AM

On the Page http://www.flycamone.de/ you can see a release date for germany/europe, so it should be available from 11/20/2007, for USA there is a release date listed for the 11/30/2007

rgds
Wolfgang

ReefBlueCoupe 10-31-2007 09:46 AM

Thanks, I'll probably be picking one up. In the meantime, I'll have fun with the original when it comes in.

fmimages 11-02-2007 02:09 AM

I'm going to watch this thread. E-bay has a dealer for version 1 which I haven't checked in a few days. Looking forward to trying this camera. it sounds great.

savage 40 11-02-2007 08:51 AM

I have the black version of this , i got it from overstock.com . it looks the same as the fly cam one . Lately the videos have a green cast to them.. anyone know which setting in the camera I can change to correct This?

fmimages 11-03-2007 11:45 AM

A green cast indicated white balance problem. I don't think these cameras have manual settings for these sort of things.

ReefBlueCoupe 11-03-2007 11:50 AM

Mine arrived yesterday. I took a few videos around the house and so far, for what it is, I'm impressed. I'll be taking some flight videos today, and I'll post them later.

savage 40 11-03-2007 02:26 PM

they do.. I will scan and post the directions here later..

ReefBlueCoupe 11-03-2007 06:35 PM

Well I flew today but didn't take any video as I was testing the plane out after repairing some crash damage. I will fly and get video tomorrow.

savage 40 11-03-2007 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: fmimages

A green cast indicated white balance problem. I don't think these cameras have manual settings for these sort of things.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38...er/cameraa.jpg but you will need Arcsoft photoimpression software .. it came free with my camera you can set the white balance, gamma, saturation etc. I just didn't know which to change to correct it..

fmimages 11-04-2007 12:20 AM

Does anybody know where to get version 2 and is it better than version 1,... by what degree?
I use a wireless 2.4Ghz video system currently, but it add almost a pound to my boat. I am a slug in water, pun intended. I have just noticed a micro DVR recorder on E-Bay for a lot more money than FlyCamOne which could help in the recording.

Now my camera works great but the support mechanism adds weight and I don't see anything bettter in the wireless arena. I'd like to try one of the FlyCamOne but will wait till the BUGS are squished.

Comprendo!

FM

ReefBlueCoupe 11-04-2007 09:22 AM

According to the website, the FCO v2 will be available in the US on November 20th (scroll up a bit, 3rd post in the thread.)

www.hobby-lobby.com will be carrying them - I called a few weeks ago and they said they would get no more of the v1 cameras in, but when the v2 came out, they would be selling them.

As far as that other camera on ebay, that is a huge ripoff. It's the same as the FCO but doesn't even come with the mirrored cradle.

There's one FCO on ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RC-Flycamone...QQcmdZViewItem

It's the same place I ordered mine from, and I had it from AZ to TN in two days. It works great!

briz 11-04-2007 07:31 PM

mine has a green tint (sometimes). were can I get the software?

savage 40 11-04-2007 08:02 PM

Mine came with the 5 in 1 camera.. but I did find a trial version here.. http://www.download.com/ArcSoft-Phot...-10662469.html then follow th instructions i scanned... let me know if it works ( trial version)

briz 11-04-2007 09:24 PM

The software did not work, did not give ability to get into the Flycam setup to change the white balance. In fact,nothing even close.
I searched thru every option.Maybe because it is a much newer version .
Thanks anyways.

savage 40 11-04-2007 09:27 PM

do you have the disc that came with the camera? if so reload it..

briz 11-04-2007 10:30 PM

My cam did not come with a disc......I got off ebay before they started calling it flycamone, but its the same camera.
It was also a lot cheaper back then, last year, before people started advertising that they were using this cam. then someone got the bright idea of changing name to flycam and double the price........
Cam did take a kinda hard hit when attached to one of my planes(rough landing).
Takes good video some of the time, but mostly greenish/yellow tint,
No big deal

fmimages 11-05-2007 01:34 PM

Greenish cast video reminds me of the first Panasonic camcorder I used in the 80's. It was very notorious for producing greenish video whether outdoors or indoors. Is there a setting for white balance in the software. I didn't see that option in the screen capture.

I got a message from Hobby Lobby stating that there expecting v2 anyday now. I'll just wait to the end of the month and try again. The newer version appears to have a swivel head which would work beter for me since I mount my camera on a tunnel hull boat. I have gotten some very good video from the wireless system but it adds almost a pound of weight to the hull. It also uses up batteries like crazy. I can only get approximately 5 minutes of quality video before the picture starts looking ugly. So I am eager to try FlyCamOne v2 cuz its a smaller package. And from what I've seen of the videos posted it looks great for what it is.

By the way I've tried to color match video footage in my editing software to some degree. It can be done but it is better to have good looking video to start from.

savage 40 11-05-2007 02:27 PM

it has white balance 0 and 1 now it is set at 1 .. on 0 it is horrible... not bad for a $34 camera from overstock.com though.

ReefBlueCoupe 11-05-2007 05:11 PM

Well I wish I were posting with some video, but yesterday the flying never happened, so I'll have to get the videos next weekend.

briz 11-12-2007 05:47 PM

I found a cure for the green tint!
As you turn "ON" the camera,cover the lens with your hand....to block the light.
Then, do same when you first start recording video.
Mine works fine now when I use this procedure.....nice clear colorful (no green tint) video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

savage 40 11-12-2007 09:34 PM

excellent!!! I will give it a try next time the super cub flys! :D:D:D

AeroRecon 11-16-2007 07:47 PM

The new camera to watch is at Walmat that I just saw. The Sony NSC-GC1. Its billed as a digital camera but does full 640x480x30fps video WITH image stabilizer. Looks pretty slick. Walmart has it for $149 (IIRC) Says $192 in the link but I coulda sworn I saw it for $149 cuz I just ordered a FCOv2 the other day...just before I stopped at Walmart and saw the Sony. May buy it to check out. Will fit perfectly on my Stryker...bolted right in the middle slot over the CG. If the video is anywhere close to what I am getting out of my Sony T7 I will be a happy camper. See what you think from my current Sony T7:

[link=http://youtube.com/AllenAJS]Stryker and Spirit glider videos with Sony T7[/link]

[link=http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7680385]Link to new Sony NSC-GC1 at Walmart [/link]

Cheers

Allen

briz 11-20-2007 11:13 PM

Thats funny....I grew up in (near) Dumfries ,VA............Montclair to be exact!
Went to Potomac High,just south of were you made those vids.
I really like your flying over the river,nice vids!