Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks 90-120 YAk Trimming

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

Aeroworks 90-120 YAk Trimming

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
CATA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks 90-120 YAk Trimming

I have just finished this plane and trying to get it fine tuned. I would like to use the Mr. Herbert's Triangulation Method. I have the CG at 25% and was checking the wing and stabilizer incidence. I found that the left stab half was +.5 but the right half was +1.5. I have flown the plane twice, streight and level flight only require one click of aileron. The plane flies inverted almost hands off. Knife edge pulls strongly towards the canopy. Could the difference in the stabilizer be causing this problem. The stabilzer is on a carbon fiber rod.

Thanks
Charles
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Jet_Plane

Default RE: Aeroworks 90-120 YAk Trimming

Charles,
25%for the CGis almost certainlymuch too far forward... As a comparison my extreme Flight Yak 54 balances at 32% - 36% of root chord, as per the manual (3.5" -4" on an 11" chord). The forward CG would explain very nicely why it pulls to canopy in KE.

Steve
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Jet_Plane

Default RE: Aeroworks 90-120 YAk Trimming

Charles,

the Aeroworks manual says 3 3/8" back from the LE at the tip as a safe starting point.. That's about the same place as my smaller Yak and much further back than 25%:

manual: http://www.aero-works.net/upload/man...yak_manual.pdf(page 71)