Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

Asymmetric landing gear doors

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

Asymmetric landing gear doors

Old 09-20-2020, 01:06 PM
allanflowers

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Asymmetric landing gear doors

I am considering a design which has the nose gear door operating from one side. It will probably also have an LED landing light on it.
Is there a chance that, in close proximity to the nose gear, it may introduce some unseen aerodynamic effects? I am concerned about adding in a yaw vector, which would be there at takeoff and landing - the worst time for such issues.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:46 AM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't imagine it will matter. I have watched, and flown, many models where only one of the main gear retract extended due to some sort of problem. That would be a much greater effect than your door, and I don't recall yaw being a problem.
Chuck
Old 09-22-2020, 09:04 AM
allanflowers

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That's an excellent point. I too have had one retract stay up and no problem - until the actual landing of course.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:42 PM
6a22a30b7c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ve been waiting for Squad to add a module like this forever. Shame anything other than stock wheels mess up the aero and com.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin