Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

New Monoplanes

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

New Monoplanes

Old 08-07-2004, 06:26 PM
acropilot_ty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Monoplanes

There's a new full sized aerobatic plane called the Chanute. It has several aerodynamic "tricks" to improve high aoa handling characteristics... The leading edge of the wing sheds a vortex where the taper begins, and there is a leading edge extension to create a vortex at the wing root. The cowl is similar to Tuckers Pitts, and the leading edge of the vertical tail has a steep angle to help blanket the vertical stabilizer better during snap rolls, it also has no spade ailerons... This will give the kit manufacturers something to do again. There are actually 2 new monoplanes, the second is called the MX-2, it is a completely redesigned G-202 with a big engine.

Ty

www.cadcor.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88329.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	161505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19093.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	161506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci97916.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	161507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey69420.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	161508  
Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Monoplanes

Looks like a good candidate for a model,Ty. I've found it hard to find construction drawings of the full size aerobatic and midget pylon racers. Only thing I can figure is that many are one of a kind and changed as they are built, or don't want to be publicized in case of copiers. Another question, are there any turboprop aerobatic planes around yet?