Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics

Old 03-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Cadet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics

Nice plane!
Old 03-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Mike James

Default Your design

Nice one, Tex.

(My email server was down for a few hours... You must have tried at that time, but it's working now.)

I love to see what people do with design, whether it's kit bashing or totally original. The "flying proof" is the "only proof", when it comes to all these discussions we have. You always learn something from the experience.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Let us know how it flies...
Old 03-04-2002, 04:22 AM
Tex Pilot

Default Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics

Thanks guys. This design actually flies as well inverted as it does upright. Very stable....... requires little down to stay inverted. It will do about any thing you wish........ and a little more. I am not ringing my bell....... as the only thing I changed is the looks somewhat. My friend is the one that designed this plane........ there have been two others..... and one is still flying..... the first went in after a radio failure. He built a Piper Cub that does not fly like a Cub at all. It flys like the rest of the planes that have this airfoil and setup. One degree pos on the wing with 0 on the stab. The wing is between 18 to 20% I believe....... it is really thick. It is almost symetrical....... just a little flat area that gives a little extra lift. Sorry I am not more technical......... as I am learning. Be glad to answer any questions I can. Thanks for looking....... I'll send photos after it is covered. Tex