Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Older 30% AW Edge C of G?

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Older 30% AW Edge C of G?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
DoubleDD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older 30% AW Edge C of G?

I have an older AW Edge 30% gasser. I run a 3.2 Brison. I bought the plane used from my father and he bought it used from another friend. There is no manual for it so I would like to know where the factory C of G is. Can I figure this out somehow? Is it directly beneath the wing tube?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
aegis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Older 30% AW Edge C of G?

What I typically do for first flights is measure the wing tip, from the leading edge to the aileron's trailing edge, and set my CG at 28% - 30% of that measurement. I use the same percentages whether it's a straight leading edge like the Edge or tapered. I usually end up at 32% or 33%. Some people's default approach is to start out with the CG at the front of the plane's wing tube and then adjust per personal preference.

Dan