Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

LANDING GEAR BOLTS

Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

LANDING GEAR BOLTS

Old 02-15-2006, 11:08 PM
storklappe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LANDING GEAR BOLTS

Hi Mark,

The instructions for my 36% Katana say to use 10-32 bolts to attach the landing gear to the fuselage. Troble is, my landing gear came came with holes already drilled that are way bigger than 10-32. Should I find bolts the size of the holes in the landing gear? The holes are 21/64"

Also, I have been told to use 1/4" axles vs. 3/16" axles -- what size would you go with?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:09 PM
tony_kilwein

Default RE: LANDING GEAR BOLTS

You can make a spacer to fit in the landing gear holes and let the 10x32 bolt fit inside the spacer.

Tony
Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Mark Dennis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the gear is bigger you could put in a spacer or just use bigger bolts. Either way will work fine but remember to use good bolts and blindnuts.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: storklappe

Snip

Also, I have been told to use 1/4" axles vs. 3/16" axles -- what size would you go with?
Running 3/16" axles. Seems that most of the wheels that fit this airplane are drilled for that axle. (At least the H-9 Pro Lite Wheels were)