RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aeroworks Vendor Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/)
-   -   Aero Works P-51? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/8090391-aero-works-p-51-a.html)

InboundLZ 03-18-2009 11:33 PM

RE: Aero Works P-51?

Two more words: Bob Hoover
Three more words: Cranky Old Man

kruzin55 03-28-2009 11:00 PM

I love this plane. I read about it in the recent AMA magazine ad and keep searching the web page for details. All I need to know is how much and when can I get mine?

Aero-Works 03-29-2009 12:43 PM

Chris,

The Mustang is scheduled to begin production first of May. Estimated delivery Mid August

We are still finalizing the cost but the estimated price with full retract system, air system and all gear doors installed is approximately $1695.95 to $1895.95

We will have both ARF and ARC versions available and are now accepting pre orders.

Thank You
Rocco/Aeroworks

kruzin55 03-29-2009 01:26 PM

I would like to pre-order one, but don't see anything on the web page. Am I missing something?

Aero-Works 03-29-2009 02:42 PM

Chris,

I have not yet updated the web site with the Mustang information. I intend on having this information on the web site end of April. If you would like to get on the pre order list you can email us at [email protected] or give us a call 303-371-4222 and we would be happy to put you on the list.

Thank You
Rocco/Aeroworks

Mark Dennis 05-04-2009 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The 50cc P-51D is now on the website!

Take a look here: http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=379

You can now pre-order directley from the page.

leedees 05-04-2009 04:27 PM

Congratulations, that's a fantastic plane!

I hope you sell 'em all right away and continue to bring us a variety of great ARFs.

MX240 05-08-2009 08:53 AM

mmmm $1900. A while back the expected price was going to be $1500. Now that it's pushing two grand with shipping I will have to rethink this one.

kruzin55 05-10-2009 08:33 PM

I have mine on order!! I cant wait. My DA-50 just came back from service and I have the JR R921 9 Channel DSM2 Receiver, servos and Smart-Fly Power Sport Plus all waiting. All I need is some advice on a suitable spinner and prop. Any ideas?

luvthestang 05-11-2009 07:03 AM

Im in agreement with MX240 $1900 does sound a bit high! I am a big RC junkie and not cheap by any means ( ask my wife) but for an 86" plane its a little steep. Perhaps there is something that we are missing here. Aside from the fine retracts and sequential doors what other mack daddy up grades are included? Just looking for a justification so I CAN buy this plane as I LOVE Stangs... Jusi look at my name!!!

leedees 05-11-2009 07:59 AM

That 12-15 hour build time closes the deal for me.

To get this quality and finish would take a lot of time with any other P-51 option.

Ferocious Frankie 05-11-2009 09:58 PM

Installed Retracts
Pre-installed air tank and sequencer
Sliding canopy
Drop tank and bomb assortment
Pre-installed steerable tail wheel
I might be wrong, but I think it comes with the two servos actuating the air distributor.
Engine mounting template
Pre-hinged
Cockpit installed
Pre-drilled control horn holes
High quality hardware and airframe (QB)
Deflection meter

I think that pretty much covers it. If you consider how much all this costs, I think it works out.

MX240 06-06-2009 08:56 PM

MMMM I might have to rethink getting one of these Aero Works P-51's.
I lost my four year old Hanger Nine 51 last week due to dumb thumbs.
Wasn't feeling that good on the drive over to the field and a stiff cross wind did me in. Total loss.
Should have known better as have made many type landings in same conditions.

Now I am interested in knowing if this Aero Works 51 has the landing gear in the right position so a person can balance this bird at the correct C/G and not have to worry about noseing over if taxiing on a grass field.
I redone the Hanger Nine retracts so she would handle conditions...but it was close at times.

levendis 06-07-2009 05:46 AM

<div>Looks very compelling indeed...would've been nice if they have printed some panel lines and rivets on, but heck I'll do a bit of that myself...</div><div>
</div>To you who have purchased Aero-works products internationally, how would you rate the way they pack their planes?  Have you received any damaged parts before?  Also wonder how much would shipping cost...let's say to Japan via fedex/usps/snail mail...(yes I really want this plane :))<div><div>
</div><div>Thanks.</div></div>

Super08 06-07-2009 06:48 AM

They are shipped in a heavy double cardboard box with wood lining the area between the two boxes. The best packaging I have seen of all the planes I have had shipped to me. So far I have 3 Aeroworks planes and a 4th on order with no damage so far.

gunny11 06-17-2009 04:16 AM

sweet.

Smacka 06-29-2009 07:58 PM

Without a doubt, this is the most gorgeous Mustang I have seen on the market. Having two Aeroworks planes in my hangar (1.20 Yak 54 and 85cc Yak 54) I am well aware of the "Aerowork's Factor"...1) Premier customer service; second to none...2) Quality...well built planes...and 3) "QB" Quick Build Series...with hardware I actually do NOT have to swap out for better quality!!

Sadly, the price tag is keeping me out of the game. Please do not misunderstand my meaning here...the price is extremely fair for what you get, and then some. I just cannot afford this beauty...mostly a victim of the current economy.

My future holds in it a Classic Warbird. I just cannot think of a better first Warbird to add to my hangar than the Aeroworks Mustang.

Rocco and Mark: I hope I can speak for others when I say "WOW!!" Job well done on the "stang". If the Cessna 195 is half the plane the "stang" is, it will be a beauty as well.

Congrats, and keep us the good work...

Sincerely,
Smacka

Aero-Works 06-30-2009 11:14 AM

Hello Smacka,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Mustang P-51 and all of our QB product line.

The Mustang and the Cessna 195 will set a new Higher standard for both the Warbird and Scale ARF market just like the QB line raised the bar for the Aerobatic ARF market. We plan on setting a New standard for all others to copy and try to catch.

We have worked for over two years on the design of the Mustang and it is now in production. The Cessna is in the final R&D Stages and we hope to test fly it next week.

We are looking forward to this new market and plan on offering many other Scale planes and Warbirds in the near future.

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks

Super08 06-30-2009 11:32 AM

Rocco if you get a chance can you get back to us witht he firewall to spinner backplate distance for the Cessna. I have a 34cc for it waiting, but I think it may be too long.
Thanks
Doug

serge1 06-30-2009 01:58 PM

''We have worked for over two years on the design of the Mustang and it is now in production.''

This is where AW is geting all my respect. When they get a new plane out, rest assured that it has been tested and is bug free. Its not a falling apart prototype that you must debug yourself.. Not the case with many other ARF manufacturers.

Keep the good work Rocco.

Serge

leedees 07-01-2009 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Aero-Works

Hello Smacka,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Mustang P-51 and all of our QB product line.

The Mustang and the Cessna 195 will set a new Higher standard for both the Warbird and Scale ARF market just like the QB line raised the bar for the Aerobatic ARF market. We plan on setting a New standard for all others to copy and try to catch.

We have worked for over two years on the design of the Mustang and it is now in production. The Cessna is in the final R&D Stages and we hope to test fly it next week.

We are looking forward to this new market and plan on offering many other Scale planes and Warbirds in the near future.

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks
Rocco,

That is all great news, your success is assured. I just finished my first Aeroworks QB Extra 260. 60-90 The quality and precision was amazing. It's a beautiful plane.

Regards,

Lee

Naples, Fl

fcroslais 07-21-2009 10:44 AM

Hello

Do you think a ZENOAH TITAN 45cc would fit in this plane (and that it would be powerfull enough?)?
Thank you

Francois

Aero-Works 07-21-2009 05:41 PM

Hello Lee,

Thanks for the great comments!

I am glad you are happy with your 60-90 Extra 260 the plane is getting more and more popular everyday!

We are looking forward to our future projects

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks

Aero-Works 07-21-2009 05:44 PM

Hello Francois,

The Mustang was designed around the DA50 if you use the Zenoah 45 you may have to cut the firewall to accommodate the engine. Most any 45 to 55 engine will work but if you stick to the DA50 it is a drop in installation and everything is concealed in the cowl.

Thank You
Rocco / Aeroworks

fcroslais 07-22-2009 02:03 AM

OK, thank you for your answer, Rocco.

Francois