RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aeroworks Vendor Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/)
-   -   Did hobbico buy Aeroworks? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aeroworks-vendor-forum-528/9412891-did-hobbico-buy-aeroworks.html)

winginit69 01-13-2010 04:15 PM

Did hobbico buy Aeroworks?

Explane how this is good for Aeroworks , when I could buy it from tower with a coupon code and reduced shipping unless they are going to sell? I am going to buy an ultimate for this spring and if the box say's hobbico or great planes I'm sending it back!

JOHNS3D 01-13-2010 04:17 PM

RE: Did hobbico buy Aeroworks?

hu? do you know the word "drop ship"?. Also just try to use the cupons and you will find out something interesting there.

winginit69 01-13-2010 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: JOHNS3D

hu? do you know the word ''drop ship''?. Also just try to use the cupons and you will find out something interesting there.
if your saying i cant use their coupon it`s news to me because i have one on order and i used a coupon code for $60 off $300 and $25 shipping. ( yes i know they are on backorder ,but my order is in )

JOHNS3D 01-13-2010 05:49 PM

i think it will not work on order for 50cc airplanes, etc. At least i did try, if you can do it go for it!!!!!!!!!!

Aero-Works 01-13-2010 07:05 PM

Hello Guys,

I would like to make this clear Hobbico DID NOT buy out Aeroworks.

Aeroworks is simply Drop Shipping our product from our Warehouse for Tower Hobbies customers. We provide this service for many of our current dealers like Chief Aircraft, TBM and many others.

Tower Hobbies offers only web based sales and it is Not like Great Planes that offers Hobby Shop distribution.

We selected to work with Tower Hobbies to give our customers more options and flexibility when purchasing our product. Tower Hobbies offers Pay Pal, 3 Pay, and Lay Away options Aeroworks could not offer to our customers. Tower Hobbies also offers many combo packages deals (engine, radio, servos, etc.) that Aeroworks cannot offer and if the packages are purchased through Tower Hobbies it can make for better pricing for our customers.

Aeroworks sales world wide with over 21 International dealers and 419 domestic dealers. Aeroworks adds one or two dealers a week to or ever growing dealer network. Tower Hobbies is another avenue for Aeroworks customers to purchase our product.

Aeroworks strives to give the best product and customer support possible and Tower Hobbies is another avenue to help us achieve our goals.

Thank You
Rocco Mariani
Aeroworks / Owner

JOHNS3D 01-13-2010 08:40 PM

congratulations Rocco, Aeroworks is growing fast!!.

sweetpea01 01-13-2010 09:02 PM

I didn't have a problem with it. Makes sense to use Tower as the distrib.....puts direct competiton on Horizon and the H9 products.

TIA 01-13-2010 11:42 PM

Smart move.

Moki 1.8 01-14-2010 02:34 PM

When I saw that Tower was selling Aeroworks planes I fipped out, because as a member with Tower I get add numbers and free shipping on large orders. Well I had a Brison 2.4 that was needing a home and I wanted the 35cc Extra 260, so with my add number that saves me $60 bucks on orders over $300 and free shipping I decided to order it. Heres the good part, I called Tower gave them the part number and also gave my add number, but she tells me that add numbers DO NOT apply to aeroworks planes and you DO NOT get the free shipping because they are dropped shipped. Man that really messed my day up, I was really looking forward to buying that plane. Well a guy from Orange Texas had one for sell new in box and made me a really good deal so I drove there and bought it. So I hope this helps with the confusion with add numbers and free shipping on aeroworks planes from tower. Rocco keep up the good work, yalls planes are top notch quality, I now own three aeroworks planes, 50cc Extra 260, 35cc Extra 260 and the .60-.90 Extra 260. Man I love those Extra's, lol.

Aero-Works 01-15-2010 10:46 AM

Hello Moki 1.8

Thank you for your business and support.

It may take a while for everyone to get use to the idea of Tower selling Aeroworks product. But it seems to be catching on fast as their sales are steadily growing.

Take Care and Happy New Year!

Rocco
Aeroworks

sevans16 01-15-2010 07:48 PM

Another vote for Tower 3pay!! OMG that is the best thing since sliced bread!!

gregman50 01-16-2010 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: sevans16

Another vote for Tower 3pay!! OMG that is the best thing since sliced bread!!
I don't think that Tower is offering their 3 Pay option on AW planes, if they are I'm going to order one Monday!

skysfallin 01-29-2010 08:34 AM

What Moki says about Tower is correct. Also coupons and discounts are only available on in stock merch. If its backordered it doesn't apply. At least thats what they told me when I found I didn't get the discount on back ordered merch.

ChuckL 02-11-2010 03:38 PM

This is off towers site, if you click on the shipping charges in the picture of the product.

Item Note G -
Drop Ship Product, additional shipping charge applies
This item ships from the product manufacturer directly to the customer. Due to the physical size of the packaging and the differing shipment procedures, a surcharge is assessed above and beyond the standard shipping charge. The amount assessed for the shipping surcharge will be displayed in the Order Summary area of Express Checkout. The date of delivery to the customer may vary slightly from any displayed estimate on our web site.

Please Note: Drop ship products are not eligible for inclusion in the total dollar amount of the order when determining the qualification for a promotional offer

airborne2.4 03-03-2010 04:22 PM

Tower Hobbies carrying Aeroworks! To put it simply, this is a MATCH MADE IN RC HEAVEN :D