Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Airplanes - All types
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Fun One, $125

Notices
Airplanes - All types View all types of airplane ads here. Includes Kits, ARC''s, ARF''s, and RTF

Great Planes Fun One, $125

Old 02-21-2024, 03:42 PM
jglezellis
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Fun One, $125

Cleaning out the workshop to make room for new models and looking to sell this Great Planes Fun One.

Excellent flying model. Engine, a Magnum 2-stroke (either a 45 or 46, I will confirm), performs flawlessly, simply prime, flip, no electric starter required!

I am the second owner of this model and made a few changes upon receipt:

-Propeller included is now an APC 2-blade prop.
-Changed the aileron servo from a standard servo to an ACE digital high-torque servo, all other servos are Futaba standards.
-Re-hinged the elevator and rudder.

Model is a blast to fly. Brings back memories from the 1990s and is aggressive with a quick roll rate, accurate, and all out fun.

Would prefer local pickup. More photos available upon request. Some scuffs, standard condition for a flown model of this age. Ask with any questions. Blue and pink colors are decals, so they can be removed and a different scheme applied with ease.

Best,
John

Old 02-21-2024, 07:06 PM
427HISS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite nice, especially being older.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:53 PM
jglezellis

Originally Posted by 427HISS
Quite nice, especially being older.
Thank you, its been a lot of fun, always ended up in my car as a sport model to fly after flying my larger gassers. Appears to have been covered in Monokote, both covering and the decal trim have stood the test of time.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:12 PM
top_cat

Hi John, this is Paul. I sold you the "Fun One" a few years ago. I'm trying to remember when I build it, probably late 90s. It was a great flyer, flew it for years. I'm glad you enjoyed it, time to pass it on. I still enjoy flying and building. I've built a couple of Old School Model Works kit in the past couple years. If you're interested in building, I can't speak any higher about his kits, both building and flying. I have to admit I have a couple foamies now also , fly great but "they all look alike". Good luck and happy flying. Paul

Old 02-26-2024, 12:55 PM
jglezellis

Paul, great to hear from you! Yes, the Fun One has served me well... out of all of my airplanes, this would end up in the car to fly for a bit once I was done flying my giant-scale aerobatic or scale models. Love the 2-stroke sound at idle on a down-line and was really impressed with the performance of the Magnum.

Glad to hear all is well on your end. Hopefully we'll tag up at an event or something this summer!

Best,
John