Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Airplanes - All types
138" B-17, 140" C-47, 101" B-25, FA-120R3, RCV-120SP - everything goes $3,300 >

138" B-17, 140" C-47, 101" B-25, FA-120R3, RCV-120SP - everything goes $3,300

Notices
Airplanes - All types View all types of airplane ads here. Includes Kits, ARC''s, ARF''s, and RTF

138" B-17, 140" C-47, 101" B-25, FA-120R3, RCV-120SP - everything goes $3,300

Old 06-09-2024, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 138" B-17, 140" C-47, 101" B-25, FA-120R3, RCV-120SP - everything goes $3,300

Giant Scale RC aircraft - everything goes, getting out of the hobbies

I have been building RC model planes since the late 80ís. I took a break from the hobby 10-ish years ago and got back into it during covid (nothing to do but sit in the house and build). I have decided at this point to leave the hobby. I just donít have the time or desire to do it anymore. So ,I am selling everything off. I want to sell it as a package and with that whoever buys the last Giant Scale planes I have getís everything I have for the hobby (if they want it).

First things fist:

Don Smith 138Ē B-17 full cut kit (all the wood you need except sheeting to finish), New Robart retracts, Fiberglass cowls, canopies, plastic parts, Set Don Smith plans.

I had not decided between using 4x Saito FA-120R3 engines or 4x RCV-120SP rotary engines (was going to decide once built based on how good they looked in the cowls), so there is one (1) of each of the engines, both slightly used but both run very well.

101Ē B-25 partially built, plans, new Robart retracts, canopies, set of Ziroli plans, 1 set Ziroli fiberglass cowls, 1 set of custom fiberglass cowls (better detail and more accurate to scale (forget who made these), the remaining pieces of the cut kit and sticks and sheeting to finish

140Ē Ziroli C-47/DC-3, Fiberglass nose section, 2 built outer panels (in d-day scheme) from another C-47, center wing section is partially built, used Robart retracts, canopies, Ziroli plans, cut wood kit, no sheeting that I recall (havenít looked at this one in a few years and is in my fatherís build room - will add pictures once I get over there next)

OK, now the miscellaneous listing of a lifetime of RC parts, tools and odds and ends. I will not remember all of it I am sure so I will just list some of the stuff off the top of my head. You ware welcome to all of it or, if you decide you donít want leave it. Here it goes - Craftsman scroll saw, Craftsman combo disc/belt sander (these have only ever been used on model airplanes and are in excellent condition), Dremel rotary tool with flex-shaft, compression gauges (for model RC engines), Servo Programmer, JR 10S - converted to Spectrum excellent condition, Futaba radios and gear (older, but I use them for setting up servos as building, not for flying), JR training box controller, many packages of new fuel line, fuel tanks, a couple smaller spare engines, wheels, nots, air kit components, graphics - dry transfer german, US, etc misc)Loads of Servo extensions, two large long boxes of balls/spruce/ply - collected through the many kits built, bunch of other support gear but too much to list. Like I said, whoever buys the group of planes gets anything they want to talk home.

Obviously pick up is kind of the only way to do this, but open to discussions.

I am asking $3,300 for the whole ball of wax. Feel free to ask any questions, happy to answer what I can.
Old 06-09-2024, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where you located??
Old 06-09-2024, 06:09 PM

Default Located in OH 44224

Guys, Even though I have been on RC Universe for what is probably a decade or more, I am restricted from posting images and now found out restricted from using private messages. This is a bit crazy.

For everyone interested, there are images soon Flying Giants and RCGroups.

Also I am located in Ohio, 44224 zip coode

Sorry for any inconvenience these new RCU policy are causing

Last edited by itguy88; 06-09-2024 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-10-2024, 03:21 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

5 posts to PM so you're there soon.
Old 06-12-2024, 12:09 PM
My Feedback: (138)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for just the B-17 KIT shipped to Wa 98290????
Old 06-14-2024, 02:27 AM

Wasn't planning on breaking it up, but if I do, I can let you know
Old 06-14-2024, 02:28 AM

To everyone, again, the Private message policy is restricting me from seeing the 10 private messages on this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you want to send your email, I would be happy to reply to that.