Notices
Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Pakistan Airbus crash

Old 06-26-2020, 05:34 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pakistan Airbus crash

Just reported that a Pakistan Airlines Airbus 320 has crashed with 98 fatalities. Apparently it landed with the landing gear retracted despite warnings from the control tower. It landed on the engine nacelles, scraped along the runway, took off again and crashed on the second landing attempt due to engine failure. Pilot error is being blamed at this stage.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:51 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened a little while ago and seems to be unearthing a lot of mad stuff. They came over the threshold at 210kts with no gear down and still tried to land despite the warnings the aircraft must have been producing by that point. Sounds like deeper investigation has revealed as many as 1 in 3 Pakistan CAA licenses may have been fraudulently obtained.

Last edited by Andrew Bird; 06-26-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:06 PM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andrew
Well, I can just about see obtaining an illegal drivers license but a commercial pilots license? It just doesn't bear thinking about. Apparently the captain was the most senior pilot in Pakistan airlines. I certainly won't be flying with them any time soon.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:28 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That crash has PILOT ERROR written all over it! Now throw in the tower for good measure!

See

Last edited by tailskid; 07-02-2020 at 01:31 PM.