Notices
Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

License Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: License Question

Bob, you are certainly welcome to read another thread if this one offends you so much.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: robert waldo

Remind yourself of Southwest Airlines that despite an army of the elite oversight, flew their airplanes for years without compliance of several very important AD's. This is with 24 hour 7 days a week oversight. One of the AD's had resulted in the destruction of a airframe. They are like any other US bureaucracy, owned, mission directed by lobbyist who bribe for policy, law, regulation and selective enforcement. They are also without limits to hypocrisy. On a public announcement last night the department of commerce was advising Americans on how to spend money.
Robert, you certainly sound like a very hateful person. For that I am sorry.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, when you air dirty laundry in public every one wants to get in on it.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Man, this is an easy one. First, report the idiot. If he is flying pax with no license he is being dangerous. If he is charging for rides, that is even worse. Need a commercial for that, and little tighter inspection on the plane. Wonder if he has a medical, and if the airplane is in license? Bob
Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Captainbob

flyfalcons,

Hateful????? I wonder about people who are just itching to report real or percieved "evil deeds". Are they more interested in justice or just being hateful. A standup guy would have had a conversation with this person first to try and understand the situation and then maybe have reminded the fellow that he wasn't in compliance with FAR's before running to the Feds.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Captainbob

and to DT56. Now there's a real good idea: report someone for an alledged violation based on hearsay! Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't resist this one. What if this guy goes out and crashes, taking himself and who knows how many wih him? Your son/daughter?
It would be naive to think that this doesn't go on all over the US, but to know about it and not report it is like knowing someone drives drunk and not doing anything about it.
If the guys is legal, then he has nothing to hide. I work for an international company that specializes in the safety of flight, and have actually trained FAA inspectors and higher. They are regular people, just like you and me. Yeah, there are butts but there are also many decent people too. It all depends on YOUR attitude. If you give the FAA an attitude, they WILL find something on even the most detail oriented pilot out there.
I would report this guy in a heartbeat, even if it would be through the anonymous route. If he is legit, no problem. If not, problem found.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The purpose of the FAA is in conflict with itself - an advocate FOR aviation, yet a police role.....can't do both well and as someone else said - they aren't doing their job, especially in the police department.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Flyfalcons

This is the FAA's mission statement:

Our Mission
Our continuing mission is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.

I'll let you decide whether an unlicensed pilot charging passengers for rides constitutes "safe" or not.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 AM
robert waldo
My Feedback: (1)

I do detest incompetence, lack of accountability, lack of personal responsibility and I really hate hypocrisy. And sense you alleged to know me good enough to make statements about my character, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I probably don't like you. Especially if you work for the ffa that would make you guilty of all the above.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Captainbob

ffa? is that the future farmers of america????
Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

So now it turns back to me being a bad guy. I will state my original intention: Not being a full scale pilot myself, I had no idea if this was a big deal or not. My two friend that own planes and keep them at this same airport and did not want to muddy the water. Could be fear of the FAA or fear of being labeled a whistle blower, who knows. I was not trying to be the airport police. I simply wanted to know if this was SOP or way out of the ordinary. Seems I got opinions from both sides on that issue. If it was way out of line it should be stopped. It's not my job to stop it , but it's also not my job to report drunk drivers and I have done that. So I guess I am a bad guy. If that offends you Bob. Then go jump in a lake. Reading through what you posted hear I guess your OK with this guy doing what he is doing. I did my best to stop it and when/if he kills someone my conscience is clean. From what you have stated I guess the victims riding with him are stupid for not checking his credentials. Have you checked out everyone you have flown with? The answer is no if your honest. I hope you live a long and happy life, but if you go down with someone who's annual or physical is out. Serves you right.

David
Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: robert waldo

I do detest incompetence, lack of accountability, lack of personal responsibility and I really hate hypocrisy. And sense you alleged to know me good enough to make statements about my character, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I probably don't like you. Especially if you work for the ffa that would make you guilty of all the above.
Robert, my background is a professional pilot with over 5000 hours, an ATP and all CFI ratings. I currently fly business jets for the largest business jet operator in the world and fly seaplanes professionally in the summer. I do not and never have worked for the FAA. I am sorry to hear you don't like me but based on what you have written earlier, I do not consider your opinion to be relevant. What is important is that an individual appears to be engaged in a highly illegal activity and you seem to have more of a problem with the regulatory agency in these matters than the actual wrongdoing itself. I simply cannot agree with that assessment.

David, what you are seeing is irregular and highly illegal. The fact that other pilots at that airport know that this highly illegal activity is going on yet are saying nothing is suspicious at best. You did well to report the situation, and may have saved someone's life in the process.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for that Ryan. If I offended anyone by loosing temper above. I am sorry. I do however stand by what I said.

David
Old 02-07-2009, 04:25 PM
andrew66

ive been reading through this, and all i have to say is its a good thing that you reported this. Its guys like that, and guys that dont report or at least advise against actions like that that cause the FAA and in my case TSB to be dicks.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Captainbob

Flyfalcons,

I wondered when you were going to throw the trump card. I figured you would sooner or later.