Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Analog retract servo

Old 12-25-2010, 06:23 PM
tankey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Analog retract servo

Hi, am gearing up a large scale glider using the 10ch rx and have read that some analog servos are incompatible anyone know if the JR retract servos are ok to use? Tankey
Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 AM
coupar

Default RE: Analog retract servo

Do a search on 791 and you will see a lot about a 6v problem and resolutions.

I'm using a JR 791. These servos have a problem, if you run them on 6V. The input signal voltage level which the newer receivers in general output doesnt trigger the servo. - ~2.5v input signal level,while the old receivers were typically over 4V level. There are a couple of ways round this. Either run the servo with 4.8V or buffer the receiver signal level to boost it.

I used a booster for my 791 and it runs fine using 6v with Airtronics receiver.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

Default RE: Analog retract servo

Most Analog proportional servos cannot keep up with the fast data rate of the SD-10G. However, the JR 791 is just a switcher type servo, and it is not proportional. It operates by a change in pulse width, e.g., wide to narrow for one direction of rotation and narrow to wide for the other direction; therefore, you should not have a problem.

Airtronics Technical Support
800-262-1178