Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

vanguard receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 AM
N1YDP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vanguard receiver

i have a vanguard 72 mhz transmitter and i need a receiver.will a jr receiver work?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vanguard receiver

Airtronics and JR both modulated in a positive direction, therefore, if the JR FM receiver is on the same 72 MHz channel as your FM Vanguard unit, it should operate. Note that your old SANWA servo, switch harness, and battery connectors have a different polarity than the JR receiver and current day Airtronics receivers.. The connectors are also larger and will not plug into the receiver ports. Therefore, if you are going to use these old components you either need to change the connector to current day connectors or obtain the Airtronics adapter p/n 99400Z (old servo to new type receiver). Airtronics changed our connectors 15 years ago to the present day polarity, therefore, most all components, servos, etc., are now compatible.

Hitec, in the past, also made an automatic Shift Selectable 72 MHz receiver that may be available. The Non-Selectable Hitec FM receivers will not work since they operate with negative shift as do the Futaba 72 MHz FM PPM receivers.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178