Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Can we expect a radio with more than 10 Ch soon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:33 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can we expect a radio with more than 10 Ch soon?

Mike,

I've been an Airtronics "guy" forever, gotta be going on 20 years. I've had VG, Vision, Infinity, Stylus and currently using an SD-10G. but modeling has gotten "bigger" and although I want to remain in the Airtronics camp I need a radio with more than 10 channels, so should I "be patient for just a while longer", or is it time make someone a good deal on my SD-10G and Rx's and start thinking about getting a dreaded "F" brand, or Jeti or Taranis 14 or 14+ Channel radio?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seeing that they just introduced the new SD 10 GS I doubt it. Might try an expansion board.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 PM
s3nfo

Highly disappointed, this is billed as a place to get "answers direct from the Airtronics team", yet they don't ever seem to drop in here or answer questions.

So, anybody have any experience with the 16 Ch Taranis in stressful aircraft? Giants and jets mostly.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 PM
chuckk2

JR just announced a receiver with "infinite" channels, determined by the TX capability.
Perhaps a harbinger of things to come?
Old 06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As a long term Airtronics user, it has been my observation that Airtronics leans toward mid-priced radios that are highly reliable and have well thought out, desirable features. They don't strive to be the first to market with new features. As such, their customer base tends to be the people who want a good, reliable and well thought out radio at a reasonable price.

People who want to be the first in the neighborhood with the latest gizmo pay a premium price and have more reliability problems. Spektrum would be the classic case in point. Having never owned a Spektrum radio I can't make any claim from personal experience, but it seems to me that I've seen more than the usual number of crashes. And, hasn't Spektrum changed their basic 2.4 mhz operating system at least once? Again, I don't know all the facts, but it seems to me that later versions of Spektrum are not backwards comparable with the earlier versions. Not bashing Spektrum so much as pointing out some of the costs of being the first on the block. Just to be an equal opportunity critic, I believe both Futaba and JR have also changed operating systems at least once in their 2.4 evolutions and are not backward compatible.

Airtronics seems to be more prone to sit back and let the technology mature before committing to anything new. And they seem intent upon maintaining backward compatibility so as to not obsolete their customers' older equipment. As a result, they don't often grab the magazine headlines touting the latest and greatest. They just plug along, making things that work well and don't cost too much.

That suits me just fine. But if a person wants to be first on the block and is willing to pay the price, that's fine too.

Dick
Old 06-29-2014, 10:11 AM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello....i would be greatful for a new 8 channel, let alone a 10 + channels............i have seen and been part of these threads, all wishing and waiting for something new from airtronics................i have been a airtronics guy for 30 yrs......i never got a response out of any forum from airtronics on any inquires about future products......i dont think anybody at USA airtronics knows either........i got tired of waiting and switched to a spectrum dx-9...........its too bad...i really wanted to stay with airtronics..pault
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

otrcman seems to have nailed it. I don't have a ton of years in the hobby but I've had the SD10G for a few years now - there are some things I don't like about it, but when I compare the functionality and the reliability to whatever else is out there, it makes it very hard to try something new. I do wish they had something new but I really can't say I need anything else. I would like telemetry, and comp radio with a 'high end feel' and will probably be looking to JR in the near future to make that happen. It's like the Airtronics SD10G is a fully loaded Honda Accord - it does everything and does it well, but I feel about a decade older just driving it.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:09 PM
s3nfo

Airtronics - Thanks for not answering my question, the 16 channel Taranis is working out great for me!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:43 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using Airtronics since the early 80's and got tired of waiting. Just purchased the Futaba 14SG.