Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

94761 and 94809 Max Voltage

Old 08-27-2014, 10:51 AM
soarermark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 94761 and 94809 Max Voltage

Does anybody know what the maximum recommended input voltage is for the 94761 and 94809 servos? I've not been able to find a spec that gives it. Some of my buddies and I are researching using a new battery chemistry and the starting peak voltage will be about 8.4 volts on a fresh 2S pack. Don't want to use a regulator and inject an additional failure point.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:10 AM
ToddNicholson

The maximum nominal input voltage for both those servos is 6.0 volts, so I wouldn't recommend using a 2S LiPo without a regulator. Those servos aren't designed for that high a voltage.

-Todd
Old 08-28-2014, 12:12 PM
soarermark

Thanks Todd. Actually they are not LiPo they are Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt to be exact. Voltage is listed as 4.2 volts per cell maximum and 3.7 volts nominal. I too was very reticent to use them for that reason...didn't want to change out six servos in an airplane that's all dialed in.

The 2S LiFePO4 packs I've been using come off the charger at around 7 volts and then drop quickly to around 6 volts for most of their useable range. Received a response from Airtronics and they say both of these servos are good to 6 volts, "but some people are getting by with using 2S LiFe packs". However, I know of more people than myself who are using the same servos and same LiFe packs with no failures for over three years for any of us.

Mark
Old 08-28-2014, 03:04 PM
ToddNicholson

2S LiFe are fine to use with these servos. Definitely not 2S LiPo or similar though.

-Todd