Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics M12, Compatibility with Airtronics Rx's

Old 05-25-2016, 09:46 PM
WestCoastD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics M12, Compatibility with Airtronics Rx's

Hello Friends:

I have a brand-new M12 radio. It came stock with the RX-471 FH3 FH4 92014 (4-chan) 2.4Ghz receiver.

The M12 transmitter spec's state:
[A] Frequency: 2.4GHz FHSS
[B] Modulation Type: FH2, FH3, FH3F, FH4T, FH4FT (User Selectable)

I need to confirm whether the following Airtronics receiver models will also work with the M12 transmitter:
RX-471W FHSS-4 FHSS-3 92013 (4-chan)
RX371W FH2 92621 (3-chan)
RX37W FH2 92622 (3-chan)

It seems to me that the M12 transmitter user selectable modulation would function with all the above receiver's?

Can't seem to get with any Airtronics support person(s) to confirm this.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Dave

PS: I noticed the Airtronics M12 & M12S model listings have been removed form the Airtronics web-site? Is this a sign they are soon to release the next-generation flagship surface radio?

Last edited by WestCoastD; 05-25-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:32 AM
ToddNicholson

The M12 will support those receivers - just change the modulation type to match the receiver's modulation you're using. M12S no longer supports FH2 modulation. Those radios are removed, because Airtronics is no longer distributed in the USA and will no longer be available. The Sanwa branded versions are now distributed by Serpent America.

SerpentAmerica.com

Best regards,
Todd
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
WestCoastD

Thank you Todd for your response. I figured the M12 transmitter would work with all those receivers (by switching modulation-type). What confused me were the various modulation acronyms used in the spec's (ie. FH2, FHSS-2, FH3, etc.,...).

That's huge news that the Airtronics brand is no longer distributed in the USA? Wow! Serpent America is now the official Sanwa distributor, wow! I used to deal with Serpent America (aka "Desoto Racing") a few years back, they are a great bunch of guys (ie. Art Carbonell, etc.,...), some of the top on-road nitro racers in the world. I still have one of your yellow-cover catalogs

Are you guys providing Sanwa radio servicing as well?

Dave

Last edited by WestCoastD; 05-26-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM
ToddNicholson

Once service parts are out of stock, Airtronics will not be providing any repair services and the service center will shut down. All Sanwa and Airtronics service and support will be done through Serpent America.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:19 PM
WestCoastD

I see, thanks Todd. This is good.

As far as current Sanwa/Airtronics gear, I assume they are equal? ie. a Sanwa M12 radio is equal to an Airtronics branded M12 part-for-part?
Old 05-27-2016, 08:24 AM
ToddNicholson

Yes, other than logos and brand-related markings. Also, no idea what their new products will include as far as manuals and user's guides, as we wrote all those for them, so they could be really poor.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:07 AM
WestCoastD

What Airtronics or Sanwa servo are folks here using on 1/10th & 1/8th scale on-road (nitro ) cars?