Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

airtronics transmitter low voltage alarm change

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:28 PM
tewitt1949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airtronics transmitter low voltage alarm change

I have a new Airtronic 8 channel 2.4 radio. I want to change the low voltage warning alarm on the radio. Is there a way to change it to a higher voltage? I'm using a lipo now and the old battary could go down to 9.5 or there about before a problem. The lipo drain curve voltage drops off quick below 10.3 volts.

I want to change the warning alarm to about 10.8.

Anyone know how?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:39 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More than one of the guys at my field replaced their transmitter NiCads with higher voltage Lithium based batteries and fried their transmitters. As luck would have it, they were flying at the time. It's not a good idea. Dan.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:54 AM
ToddNicholson

If you have the RDS8000, even though it can be used with a 3S LiPo, I don't believe there's any way to change the low voltage alarm. At the time, that radio was never really designed with the idea that user's would be using a completely different type of battery other than NiCds or NiMH.

Best regards,
Todd
Old 09-08-2016, 07:39 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just keep checking the voltage each time you use it. I have the same problem with my SD 10G and it was designed to use a 2 cell lipo and still no alarm when it gets down to the low voltage cut off. I love my radio but they should have fixed this issue.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:02 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Airtronics/Sanwa has many issues to fix, but isn't interested in addressing any of them. That's why they are gone as a presence in the US RC market.

Last edited by jester_s1; 09-08-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM
pilotpete2

Get a 3S LiFE transmitter pack. With a nominal 9.9V voltage they're a better choice for use in older legacy 8 cell transmitters, and much safer!.
Pete