Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics wiring.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Cut-da-lines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics wiring.

I'm a newbie on this site seeking advice on Airtronics basic wiring and servo compatibility.
Recently I purchased an Airtronics "Radiant" transmitter and an Airtronics "dual conversion receiver. No servos came with this purchase.
My local RC shop tells me I have to change the position of the red and black battery connectors to avoid cooking the transmitter.
My question is, do I have to change the receiver battery as well? Will my receiver work with standard over the counter servos?
Thanks for your advice in advance. Surprised I got this far! Newbie on the computer end as well...
Old 02-25-2018, 01:15 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Yes you will need to swap the positions of the red and black pins on the plug for both Futaba or Hitec servos. If you will be using JR or Spektrum servos the wire colors will be orange and black.

If you don't want to make the changes then you can buy(if they are still available) an adapter cable that performs the swap.
https://gizmomotors.com/index.php/on...eceiver-detail
Old 10-13-2018, 11:45 AM
[email protected]

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is nothing you can do to the receiver or servos that will "cook" or otherwise damage the transmitter - your info!
There are two types of Airtronics receivers. The older one, in a black case, used servos also with black plug with ribs on them that would only go in one way. The outer wire was battery positive, in some cases red,, connected to a pin marked with a "3" on the plug body.
Newer receivers, now in blue cases, have a "Z" after the number ob the label. The servos, also in blue, also have the "Z" designator and the battery connections are reversed from the older black servos, with black on he outside, red center, and signal on the other side. Same applies to the receiver battery. The "Z" receiver are plug compatible with other common brands, Hitec, Futaba, JR...…
The Radiant is an older system, and came with the non-Z receiver.
If you did not get a manual, I have one. It does not cover the above info, but explains all the other features. I also have available receivers and servos, new and used. Luck, [email protected]