Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Battery polarity

Old 04-10-2019, 03:41 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery polarity

i want to replace the battery in my RDS8000. I got a new battery and now I see that the red and black wires are reversed on the connector. The battery I received works in my futaba radios. I also tried to plug in the RDS battery to my hitec charger. I was going to deep cycle the battery. The charger gave a reverse polarity warning.
question...can I just reverse the wires in the connector? Or, do I have to find a battery wired specifically for airtronix.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 AM
pilotpete2

No problem to simply reverse the wires in the connector. You're not likely to find a replacement transmitter battery with the old style Airtronics servo connector. Why Airtronics used them on those radios for the transmitter battry long after phasing them out on their servos is baffling.
more than one owner damaged their radio by plugging in a replacement that had a standard servo with the positive wire in the center.
Pete
Old 04-11-2019, 07:52 AM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks pete