Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

exponential settings on rudder airtronics RDS8000?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
medicap
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exponential settings on rudder airtronics RDS8000?

I just got an RDS 8000 radio and am interested in using the exponential capability for the rudder. The system does not allow this but I have heard that there is a work around???

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: exponential settings on rudder airtronics RDS8000?

You can simply create a programmable mix to provide exponential on the rudder channel.

One nice thing about Airtronics, any time you need help with a radio setup question, you can call their customer service number and they can help you over the phone. Give them a call at (714) 963-0329.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM
medicap
My Feedback: (11)

Thank you for the info, I am brand new to the 2.4 radios so probably have not even scratched the surface as to their capabilities.

Steve
Old 07-06-2010, 07:07 PM
douglooker
My Feedback: (1)

Steve,

I contacted Airtronics by phone with this question and they responded with a "No", only the ELE and AIL have D/R and EXPO. I emailed them regarding programming an airplane in HELI mode to get rates and expos on all 3 control surfaces but never got a response. I tried programmming in HELI mode and was able to actually get 3 rates and expos on each of the 3 surfaces but got stuck on the throttle settings. I know essentially nothing about programming a helicopter but I believe the problem was that the idle position for the throttle in HELI is center so that the collective pitch can be positivie or negative. I couldn't figure out a work around.

If someone knows a work around on this please share. This is the main reason I'm considering buying another make of transmitter. The RDS8000 has very reliable but EXPO on the rudder is kind of important.

Doug
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

You can try making a rudder/rudder mix and play with the percentages to see if you can duplicate expo. I know it works for dual rates, but I forget if you can mimic expo. I have a feeling you can't.

Every radio has limitations. I sold my RDS8000 and bought an SD10G.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
TMooreATX

The throttle works in a heli just like an airplane so make sure you have not engaged the Throttle hold feature.

Terry Moore