RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Airtronics Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/)
-   -   Dynam t-28 retract problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/10931302-dynam-t-28-retract-problem.html)

bostomper 01-27-2012 04:34 PM

Dynam t-28 retract problem

Just ordered the dynam t-28 with retract landing gear. On rcgroups a guy just posted that the retracts won't work with rds8000 receivers, but everything else does. He then switched to spectrum tx/receiver and they work fine. He tried them with several airtronics receivers and rds8000 tx, and none of them work. Can anybody shed any light on this or possible solutions? I might still be able to cancel the order if this is true and there is no way to make airtronics tx/rx work. ThanksBo

I ALSO FLY RC 02-25-2012 08:57 AM

RE: Dynam t-28 retract problem

You are correct. At the present time, the Dynam T-28 retracts will not operate when using Airtronics FHSS-1 type receivers, such as those used with the RDS8000 or SD-6G. However, the retracts do operate properly when using any FHSS-3 receiver with the SD-10G transmitter which can select either FHSS-1 or -3 modulations..... SANWA is working on a tiny gadget that can be placed in-line with the connector to the retracts that will make the gear work with all FHSS-1 receivers.

bostomper 02-29-2012 12:37 PM

That is good news, any idea how long? Talked to airtronics tech at hobby people about a month ago, and he said there is nothing that can be done. Is your source reliable? Was about to order retracts that would work, but will wait and see what they come up with. Thanks for the info.Bo

I ALSO FLY RC 03-03-2012 12:45 PM

Yes, the information is correct. SANWA is working on a fix; however, no delivery time has been established as of this date.

bostomper 09-20-2012 07:27 AM

Has Sanwa ever come up with a fix to allow the fhss-1 receiver to operate the retracts on the dynam planes? ThanksBo

I ALSO FLY RC 09-21-2012 12:36 PM

No fix is available as of the current date.

neilh2 05-13-2013 03:03 PM

I have an RD8000 and I am hoping a fix for the wormgear type electric retracts soon. Any new news? Can you provide a name and number at SANWA so I can call?

rctrost 05-14-2013 05:36 AM

Bostomper. Thanks for getting an answer to my (unanswered) post a short while earlier. Not the answer I was hoping for though. So there's a Dynam P-47 and an Air-T RDS8000 in my garage and at least as far as the retracts go they won't talk to each other. What to do? Hang up the P-47 and admire it (it is pretty cool) and hope Sanwa comes up with a fix, fly the 47 with the gear down or bite the bullet and pick up a Spektrum DX6. Drat! I was really hoping someone would point out my stupidity with an easy work-around. I guess that's why God made credit cards!

oferf 08-01-2013 06:39 PM

I have the solution for the retracts problem, i sell it on Ebay, just search for "dynam retraces adapter", it adapts the dynam to airtronics.

I ALSO FLY RC 08-13-2013 11:24 AM

Reference posting by Oferf: The Dynam Retract Adapter does work as advertised. When you use the Adapter, your Dynam retracts will now operate using the Airtronics FHSS-1 receivers that are a component of the AIRTRONICS RDS8000, RD8000, SD-6G, SD-5G, units.