RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Airtronics Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/)
-   -   NO REPLY RECEIVED !! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/airtronics-support-forum-516/9964342-no-reply-received.html)

Raymac 08-27-2010 07:26 PM

NO REPLY RECEIVED !!

A week ago I asked for a quotation on the Airtronics website contact form.....No reply. You cannot do business with people who refuse to talk to you!! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to convert my Stylus to 2.4, purchase the module and a number of receivers. I want the litheum battery replaced in two Stylus radios at the same time.

petec 08-27-2010 09:10 PM

RE: NO REPLY RECEIVED !!

From the Hobby people site:
Airtronics 93024 Module - Stylus 2.4G (Converts to 2.4G FHSS-1) $89.99 USD
Receivers are variable in cost depending on number of channels.
Airtronics 95051 Transmitter Battery - M8/Stylus 1100mAh NiCd $79.99 USD

I don't see a lithium pack for the stylus on the site though, go to hobbypeople.net and look around.

astropuppy 08-27-2010 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Raymac

A week ago I asked for a quotation on the Airtronics website contact form.....No reply. You cannot do business with people who refuse to talk to you!! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to convert my Stylus to 2.4, purchase the module and a number of receivers. I want the litheum battery replaced in two Stylus radios at the same time.
Raymac, I've had the same frustration. My experience has been they will bend over backwards for you; but, are a bit old fashion with communications. You either need to call them or post something on their forum. They really are great people!

Raymac 08-27-2010 09:57 PM

Guess I'm not alone.....I did'nt think e-mail was an "old fashoned" method of communication.....Ignoring inquiries from potential customers is just plain arrogant in my view. By the way, is Hobby People and Globay Hobby the same outfit? Airtronics does'nt seem to have their own website??? I have a hearing imparement and telephone does'nt work well for me.......thats why I like e-mail.

TMooreATX 08-27-2010 11:42 PM

Getting all this handled is easy, here's how. Contact Craig Kaplan here: [email protected]

Tell Craig that you want the Service department to replace the Lithium battery in your Stylus radios and when you send it in and the tech does it, they can send you the Stylus 2.4 upgrads and as many RX's as you need. Craig will contact you ahead of time with the pricing and will make sure you are taken care of. The website has undergone some changes and emails may have been lost in the last week or two. That's why this forum was put up by RCU; to address problems just like the one that you are having.

ATX is sorry you were having issues but will take care of you going forward.

Terry Moore

fiery 08-28-2010 03:58 AM

Last week I sent an email to Airtronics service querying the availablity of throttle stick stops and slider upgrades for my SD-10G Tx.

Chris emailed me back within 24 hours, with all I needed to know. Yes, these upgrades are available, and the service dept is waiting to help.

A big "thumbs up" to Airtronics service from me. I have used them for over 15 years and never had any problems. Great people to deal with.

MikeGreenshields 08-29-2010 12:46 AM

Contact Form Hassles: I apologize. The entire website system is not completely setup.

That is why in our service thread I have posted all of the direct contact information. I apologize for the hassle and I expect soon to have all features of the website working properly and 100%.

It's a sticky at the top of the Airtronics Support Forum

Raymac 08-29-2010 07:45 PM

Terry; Do I understand it that Hobby Shack offers a repair service for the Stylus litheum battery change? I thought that Global Hobby or Hobby people were the only ones? By the way....who is ATX ??

Fiery; What e-mail address did you use to get your reply? you obviously had more luck than I. Apparently the form on the Airtronics website is'nt working!!

MikeGreenshields 08-29-2010 08:18 PM

I think there is some confusion.

Airtronics is serviced and distributed in North America by Global Hobby Distributors which is a division of Hobby Shack Inc. Hobby People is the retail division of Hobby Shack Inc.

Address for all of the divisions are the same.

And again, as I said, Airtronics website is still under development so there are times when the contact form is not 100% reliable. However, our service email direct is working and is monitored daily.

Also keep in mind that email is not always as reliable as people think they are. Spam filters, etc as well as the way some email programs work will cause incoming emails or even the emails we send to not go through.

This is why we make sure we have multiple ways of contacting us to ensure no one who wants and needs service is locked out if one form of communication doesn't go through.

Here it is again for your reference however it is a sticky in the Thread for this forum.

If you need to send in a radio for service, this is the address and telephone number:

Mailing Address
Airtronics Service
18480 Bandilier Circle
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Service Phone: 714 963 0329
Fax: 714-964-6236

EMAIL: [email protected]

TECH LINE:
Airtronics has a toll-free help line for those with technical questions about Airtronics products.

From how to program a radio to choosing the best servo for an application, we have an expert with a long-time career in the hobby dedicated to helping customers with technical questions. Please feel free to call should you need help with your Airtronics products.

Please call Monday through Friday only between 12 to 4 pm Pacific Time

1-800-262-1178

This line is for technical questions ONLY. For service, repairs, etc. please contact Global Services directly.

TMooreATX 08-30-2010 12:01 PM

ATX is the abbreviation for Airtronics.

See Mike's response.