Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How Much Do They Make Per Year

Old 10-04-2010, 05:49 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How Much Do They Make Per Year

edit ::// limit expired
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's funny is I'll bet Toolman, Cisco, KE, and whoever else wouldn't turn down the pay if they could get it.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
crankpin

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Then there is the volunteer staff comprised of the 11 District Vice Presidents, the Executive Vice President, and the President of the AMA. They are elected by the membership and are unpaid volunteers. So the ''officers'' are not paid and are voted in by the membership. The professional staff is paid and are hired by the voted in officers, A.K.A. the Executive Council.

Thanks for the explanation is the direction I was thinking of.

Vince
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
tinner1

I'm sure some would call it "their civic duty" to turn it down............
Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: 804

What's funny is I'll bet Toolman, Cisco, KE, and whoever else wouldn't turn down the pay if they could get it.
I have no gripe with any employee. I have a gripe with elected keeping everything so "secret".
Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

I think a few there are way overpaid for what they do. The only ones I can see defending them are more than likely union people. The same ones that brought you cars at twice the price they should be.

I think you should maybe do some research on what the Executive Directors of similar sized organizations make. My wife was offered about 50% more than Cherry's salary to run a $10 million a year hospital charity in Ohio. It too was a 501 (c)3 organization. Total staff was 15. That was actually a low ball offer and she declined for that and the fact that we ultimately decided that we did not want to live in Ohio.

So 125K is not out of line for what people make. In fact, based on assets and staff size it is well below the average based on the information my wife tells me. And again, she works in the NPO management world.

Pardon the expression, an no harm intended, but thats where 2 fools met. them for offering, an her for turning it down. I can't imagine who couldn't survive on over $3500 per week. An you all wonder why the middle class of this country don't have much use for the rich.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dbcisco
I have a gripe with elected keeping everything so ''secret''.
You were able to search and find out what the AMA's top brass make per year..... I guess it's not so 'secret' after all.

You can put your gripe to sleep now.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: tinner1

I'm sure some would call it ''their civic duty'' to turn it down............

Tell ya what tinner, I've did so much free stuff for people in my life, that at least I can feel good about it. I'd sure like to have all of the $ I've give away in freebies for people in the last 35-40 years.

By the way mr tinner, I was in politics in this county for several years an never took a cent that the board position was suppose to pay us. I did it for free to help the people of the county to get their sewer an water utilities extended to those in the out lying districts. I was eligible to receive between $1500-2000 per month for less than 10-12 hrs work, but took $0. So don't go betting on me taking something. I'd rather be poor than a rich snob that sponges off of all the poor people in this country

Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
The Toolman

Ken, you can close the thread if you would like. we seem to have went south somewhere along the line, me included
Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
dbcisco
Banned

The IRS says they have to disclose the top (4 or 5?) executives names and salaries. Still haven't a clue as to what they do. I know part of the E.D. job was guarding a lawnmower.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

They run a org with over 140.000 members sisco .Even i know that silly. lol joe
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: joebahl

They run a org with over 140.000 members sisco .Even i know that silly. lol joe
And your point?
Number of members do not indicate anything at all.
Database management is implied, little more.
4 people and over $300K to manage 50 employees and a $9M budget.
That is a fairly small company. I am not saying anyone isn't earning their keep, but... how would any member know what is going on without any information from the EC to the members. Why does the EC have to be so secretive about it? Just let the members know what hard work everyone is doing with facts and examples no names required. The "trust us" attitude is IMHO unacceptable.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
mongo

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Craig Schroeder, Comptroller $26,923
Diana Garza , comptroller $67,784

dang, spelling yer job title with a capital letter is expensive to ya. 40,000 a year difference?

and didn't someone post that the top 5 salaried folks pay has to be made available to the public, but not the rest? if so, then i guess craig is in the top 5?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
dbcisco
Banned

It requires top 5 "executives". There could be a janitor making $1M and it doesn't have to be disclosed on the return.
I would like to know why one comptroller is worth so much more than another. Same title = same job ? Why not just have one comptroller. So many questions and so few answers.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
joebahl

I see you post day and night but you say you teach ,it could be asked if you are working hard for the school to get the money you make. It is easy to point fingers at any one with out facts so dont. so many questions so few answers
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Sorry, you have to be a citizen within the school district and get elected to the school board or get a degree in education then get a job as a teacher to find out.

I also only work 195 days a year with 7 hour days on the clock. Just like every teacher in the state.
Did I mention I have the entire summer off too?
I also have over 75% of my graduates in advanced placement on industry standard examinations every year and 90% enroll in college or are employed in the IT industry.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
joebahl

Who is keeping secrets now sisco ? this works in strange ways and comes back full circle. see sisco. I dont want a degree i make enough money with my 2 year high school education thank you . lol joe
Old 10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe a search for his district on the state's web page (Board of Ed for PA) could bring up some numbers.....
Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: joebahl

Who is keeping secrets now sisco ? this works in strange ways and comes back full circle. see sisco. I dont want a degree i make enough money with my 2 year high school education thank you . lol joe
The difference is that I pay taxes, the AMA doesn't. Move here and I will be happy to let you talk to the school board. Maybe even help you get your GED.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sisco, I envy you, and what I mean by that is that I wish I had your problems.... You ripped off about 17 posts in this thread whining about what the board members earn and what they 'do' for the AMA, If THAT'S what I'd have to worry about in life..... I'd be all set.

TIP: Head on out to the field with a foamie, fly it and just let your AMA concerns escape you.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 PM
dbcisco
Banned

If you want to know, a teacher in S.E. PA with a PhD and 15 years service gets a maximum of around $90K per year. Retirement without penalties is at 40 years service. Our school's union doesn't even have a say in the salaries, it is based on an average of the schools in the districts we serve.
The average salary of a teacher in PA is around $50K and starting salaries are around $25K.
No secrets, just no names.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: The Toolman

Pardon the expression, an no harm intended, but thats where 2 fools met. them for offering, an her for turning it down. I can't imagine who couldn't survive on over $3500 per week.

Well thank you for insulting my wife. You have certainly lived up to your screen name, you Sir are indeed a Toolman. I am sure that the mods will reprimand me and allow your insult to stand. So be it.

By the way, saying "no harm intended" before making an insulting statement implies that you know it is an insulting and harmful thing and that you think your target stupid enough to forgive you for saying it because despite knowing it is an insult you said it anyhow.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A person has a BA in Ed and they get a whole $25K/yr....and we wonder why no one wants to become an educator!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

sisco, I envy you, and what I mean by that is that I wish I had your problems.... You ripped off about 17 posts in this thread whining about what the board members earn and what they 'do' for the AMA, If THAT'S what I'd have to worry about in life..... I'd be all set.

TIP: Head on out to the field with a foamie, fly it and just let your AMA concerns escape you.
I asked "what do they do?". Everyone went on the attack with the "trust the almighty EC" rant. I ask questions and post as much information as I can find. Sometimes I am wrong and when I am proved to be so, promptly admit it.
Never seen a single "AMA is beyond reproach" whiner post a single thing other than their own biased and venomous opinion of me.
Still waiting for four of them to post a single source to back up their fantasies. Never admitted they were ever wrong when proven to be so either.

BTW, What the heck is "ripped off"? It was slang for counterfeiting in the 70's. Just a weird comment that make no sense to me here.

Still trying to land my Albatros without nosing over. More practice this weekend.
Maybe take out the SE5 just to be fair to the Allies.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
dbcisco
Banned

By the way, saying ''no harm intended'' before making an insulting statement implies that you know it is an insulting and harmful thing
Have to side with SilentAV8R on this. That was uncalled for. $150K is not a high salary for even the AMA ED position. I never questioned the salary. I just posted the figures because someone asked for them. Facts posted is not an attack. I just want to know what these people do and why we need two (IMHO underpaid) comptrollers. Hire two, they're cheap?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.