Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Jim McNeill's bio.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Jim McNeill's bio.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim McNeill's bio.

Jim McNeill has claimed on his bio that he holds two law degrees, one from a now extinct school and the other from the Birmingham School of Law.

I got a response from the Birmingham School of Law some time ago. I can't find it now, but it said they had a James McNeill that graduated from there, but the date would have made unlikely for our Jim McNeill as it would have put him in his mid 60's or so. A rather expensive proposition for someone that did not plan on pursuing the profession. Law Degrees don't come cheap.

Meanwhile the claim is suspect.

Why if he does have this degree as he claims, would he be reluctant to specify when it was received as everyone must do when submitting a professional resume as Mr. McNeill submitted for his election and subsequent reelections over the years?

I post this as a challenge to Mr. McNeill or any of his supporters to state the actual date of graduation and to offer some proof that he did in fact graduate with a Juris Doctors degree from this institution.

Clifford "Red" Scholefield
BSEE Iowa State 1957
AMA 951 District V
Leader Member
Old 08-03-2003, 02:46 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. If I had managed to earn two law degrees it would be a pleasure to share the details with anyone willing to listen.

There are two James McNeills in the Alabama state bar directory. One is in Montgomery and one in Selma. Of course not everyone completing law school passes the bar.

Eric

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of RCU or its management.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:12 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default Red, Your BIO

Red

I will never understand your rabid hatred of JM. Or your constant postings in this forum that seem so petty, as to be beyond belief. You almost seem like an internet stalker/hate monger. Pretty pathetic. You cant see the forrest for the tree's. keep it up, you will get JM re-elected for sure. Oh yeah when will Bill Harris answer this post ?

Vince
Old 08-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Re: Red, Your BIO

Originally posted by vpresley
Red

I will never understand your rabid hatred of JM. Or your constant postings in this forum that seem so petty, as to be beyond belief. You almost seem like an internet stalker/hate monger. Pretty pathetic. You cant see the forrest for the tree's. keep it up, you will get JM re-elected for sure. Oh yeah when will Bill Harris answer this post ?

Vince
Maybe your problem is that you don't understand the difference between hatred and disgust.

Mr. McNeill posted his bio as part of his reelection bid in 2001. I have to assume he included it at other times to qualify for nomination. Please look at the nomination forms, look also at the Leader Member requirements - all imply submittal of a professional resume as well as a modeling synopsis.

When asked once, face to face - "Jim, when did you get your law degree?" He said "I have two law degrees!" and turned on his heel and walked away.

That and subsequent actions on his part have caused me to suspect that perhaps his claims may be bogus. I am disgusted that a man entrusted with representing the modelers in the 2nd largest district would fake his credentials.

If this is not the case then I apologize publicly to Mr. McNeill for bringing up the issue.

If he is legitimate then he should have no problem answering these charges or any of the other questions he has as yet failed to address on this forum.

Otherwise his lack of response will have to speak for him.

Hopefully the modelers in District V will see him for what he is and act accordingly next year. If they don't, I assure you I will live with it.

Whether other members in the district can is their problem then.

Red Scholefield
Old 08-03-2003, 07:54 PM
vpresley

Default Nope

I see your hate, and am disgusted with your methods and attitude. Modeler's that I know, or used to know, dont demonstrate your type of actions for the most part. But then some do. If it were a once in awhile type of thing, OK. But with you its not. As demonstrated by your overly long posts, just repeating the same old tired redscho stuff. Your a broken record. Im surprised you dont get tired of it your self. Dont you go fly sometimes and take a load off ? Relax watch TV or go golfing or something.

Vince
Old 08-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Most modelers I know or use to know could care less about how the AMA is run. This is why we have people like McNeill running the setting on the EC for a quarter of a century.

As for flying, building and participating in the hobby I can tell you that I do a lot more than your Mr. McNeill has done in the past couple of decades since he made setting on the AMA Executive Council of the AMA his hobby.

How many articles have you written? How many events have you attended? How many times have you appeared in High Flight event reports? How many modeling forums do you moderate? How many SIG e-mail lists have you created and maintained. How many e-mail forums have you created and maintained?

Mr. McNeill is fortunate he doesn't get all the attention I can focus on really important things.

As for your replies to this thread, unless you can come up with some challenges to the facts presented or perhaps answer some of the questions he doesn't seem able to, don't waste our time with your liberal rhetoric and unrelated darts about the poster and what he does with his personal time.

Red S.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:21 PM
abel_pranger

Default Re: Jim McNeill's bio.

Originally posted by Red Scholefield
<snip>
I post this as a challenge to Mr. McNeill or any of his supporters to state the actual date of graduation and to offer some proof that he did in fact graduate with a Juris Doctors degree from this institution.

Red-
Lawyer/liar, what's the diff? Doing nothing with esquirian pomposity or doing nothing and lying about it.......all the same to me. Time you guys in D-V elected him to VP emeritus, and show him how much his service is really appreciated.

Abel
Old 08-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Sense963
My Feedback: (10)

"...don't waste our time with your liberal rhetoric and unrelated darts about the poster and what he does with his personal time."

Ditto. If I could have said it better I would. I cannot.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:21 PM
BillHarris

You can decide for yourself.... one of the people in this photo is Red, the other is Jim. Easy to tell who is who...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	99395_22370.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	56294  
Old 08-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Crashem

Can We add our own caption to this photo????
Old 08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
abel_pranger

Originally posted by BillHarris
You can decide for yourself.... one of the people in this photo is Red, the other is Jim. Easy to tell who is who...
Well, the guy in the blue jumpsuit sure ain't Red, so the other guy must be him. :devious:

Abel
Old 08-05-2003, 06:39 PM
BillHarris

Abel--

Oops, you're right, it ain't Red. But neither is the other guy...

Old 08-05-2003, 06:53 PM
abel_pranger

Abel--

Oops, you're right, it ain't Red. But neither is the other guy...

Naw, I think it's Lyman Slack and a CPR dummy. Guess Lyman was giving an EMT demo to the Gators.

Abel
Old 08-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Sorry, That is not me. It is Don Furrow, our club instructor. He was setting up the buddy box for JM. It was my plane and I was on the other transmitter.

Red S.

Name:	99412_320.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	56295  
Old 08-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Originally posted by abel_pranger
Well, the guy in the blue jumpsuit sure ain't Red, so the other guy must be him. :devious:

Abel
UGLY, UGLY, UGLY !!!!!! :cry: May the black wire curse be on you. :devious:

Red
Old 08-05-2003, 09:31 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Default JM Flying....?

Red,

When were these pictures taken, and the best questuion of all, is JM a pilot....? How well did he fly on the buddy box....?
Old 08-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Re: JM Flying....?

Originally posted by heli001
Red,

When were these pictures taken, and the best questuion of all, is JM a pilot....? How well did he fly on the buddy box....?
October 2000 at the FGMAC IMAA meet in Gainesville, FL.

It is hard to tell as he was only on the sticks for 45 seconds before he had enough. As I recall he did make it through a couple of turns fairly well without input from the master control. He seemed to have other priorities other than flying on his mind.

Red S.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Wait a second. Why would an AMA VP need a buddy box? Either he knows how to fly or he doesn't. If he doesn't then that is OK but he should at least say so.

I for one don't think that the VP's need to be pilots, but they do need to be able to run out business successfully!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:59 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by Geistware
Wait a second. Why would an AMA VP need a buddy box? Either he knows how to fly or he doesn't. If he doesn't then that is OK but he should at least say so.

I for one don't think that the VP's need to be pilots, but they do need to be able to run out business successfully!
I think that it is inherent in the position to be a pilot of model aircraft. How can he represent the modeler if he is not one himself?

What am I saying, I'm not even in that district!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:12 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Control line and free flight are also part of AMA. Not being a RC pilot is no big of a deal even though we RCers are in the majority. I think one of the complaints about Mr. McNeill is that he does not participate in any aspect of the hobby/sport.

While I have never had a run in with JM I have witnessed some things that make me uncomfortable having him as my District V VP. It appears that he is more interested in taking revenge against those that have opposed him politically than he is in doing what is best for the AMA. In a district as large as ours there are many members more qualified to lead us into the future.

Eric

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of RCU or its management.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I guess I am a person that would want a competent person to represent me and not necessarily need to enjoy RC. For an example, for the position of CFO. I could care less if he/she was into RC. what I do want them to be is a very competent accountant. (Flame suit ON)

Originally posted by Elwood
I think that it is inherent in the position to be a pilot of model aircraft. How can he represent the modeler if he is not one himself?

What am I saying, I'm not even in that district!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:02 PM
BillHarris

> Sorry, That is not me. It is Don Furrow...

I'd forgotten that, Red. Still, the only person in either photo who has a clueless expression is our VP.

I wonder how someone can represent an AMA district and not be an aeromodeller. Who would be better representing the interests of us in D-5-- the incumbent in the two previous photos or the person in this photo? The choice should be clear.

Name:	99625_22370.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	56296  
Old 08-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Sport_Pilot

I wouldn't have a problem with experiance if Jim McNeil was active with his prior hobby of free flight models. Problem is this is no longer his hobby.

Vince, you are reacting to your emotions. Red is stating fact!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:46 PM
vpresley

Default SP Methods Count

From the very beginning I have advocated, do your thing, but do it clean, do it above board, do it like a gentleman. Not like a fanatic. This seems to be impossible. Most people dont like fanatics, except other fanatics. That is my premise. Do you have to sink as low as you can go ? I dont believe so.

Vince
Old 08-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Sport_Pilot

So giving us facts about Mr. McNeil is below board? He is running for office! Granted stating that you think Joe Blow may be lying on his resume is below the belt, but it's definately not for an elected official. A company you are applying for a job will certianly check out your resume, I don't see what's wrong for any of us to check out Mr. McNeil's resume. After all he is applying to work for us for another two years. If you can call that work that is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.