Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How long can they stonewall?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How long can they stonewall?

Old 08-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long can they stonewall?

How long will candidates for an AMA office, particularly incumbents, continue to stonewall the membership by ignoring the internet as a communication media?

Washington – Associated Press 8/6/03

More than 30 million Americans have signed up for the government’s do-not-call- list, a free registry for blocking unsolicited telephone sales pitches, the Federal Trade Commission said Wednesday.

The FTC said 3.4 million people signed up in California, 2.2 million in Florida and 2 million in Texas. Eight of every 10 people who joined the list did so online rather than by telephone.

Red S.
Leader Member/CD
District V
One of many in the band of yahoos with nothing better to do.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:31 PM
J_R

Until more than about 5% of the membership cares

Until there is a forum where posters are accountable for their comments

Until there is a forum where thoughtless attacks are replaced with legitimate communications and questions.

In short, they will hold out for a long time to come.

JR
Old 08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Originally posted by J_R
Until more than about 5% of the membership cares

Until there is a forum where posters are accountable for their comments

Until there is a forum where thoughtless attacks are replaced with legitimate communications and questions.

In short, they will hold out for a long time to come.

JR
Or until they are surprised :surprised by the 5% that do care and convince a few more that they must be replaced. 81 votes is not a whole lot in a District with 20,000 members. :devious:

Red S.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:38 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default JR Your Right !

Gotta go with you on this one. To many kooks out there to demand that anyone has to be on the Internet to answer questions. There are more appropriate places to look for the answers to questions. Where name calling, mudslinging and other forms of harassment are not so prevelant. Where the sampling of people answering are actually members of the organization in question.

Vince
Old 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Re: JR Your Right !

Originally posted by vpresley
There are more appropriate places to look for the answers to questions. Where name calling, mudslinging and other forms of harassment are not so prevelant. Where the sampling of people answering are actually members of the organization in question.

Vince
Would you be so kind as to direct us to some of these more appropriate places to look for answers from Mr. McNeill?

There are a number that have gone unanswered.

Red S.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:50 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

better yet, get yer questions to vince, let him ask em, and post the answers here fer us.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Originally posted by mongo
better yet, get yer questions to vince, let him ask em, and post the answers here fer us.
Vince has seen the questions . . . they were posted on this forum. I wonder if he will find the answers any more palitable than the questions themselves? Vince is not dumb, he knows that McNeill will not answer them anyway no matter who asks them.

How about it Vince? Lets take a non-controversial one. When (what year) did Mr. McNeill get his Juris Doctors degree from Birmingham School of Law? This shouldn't cause him any heart burn . . . . unless. . . . .

Red S.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:14 PM
vpresley

Default Red, Mongo, I dont play

Do your own work, I truely dont believe anything, anyone would say would make any difference to you. That said, im not going to waste my time trying. Your time will come in 04, when next you vote. Then you will see what harm or good you have done. That will be the test. Till then its so much blah, blah, blah.

Vince
Old 08-07-2003, 10:23 PM
J_R

Vince

You really should take up the challenge. I can recall at least half a dozen AMA members that have taken your position, on various forums. They called JM and before he was done, he had added them to the ranks of the Stillman camp. Maybe you will be the first to give him the benefit of the doubt and not come away with a very sour taste in your mouth.

JR
Old 08-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Re: Red, Mongo, I dont play

Do your own work, I truely dont believe anything, anyone would say would make any difference to you. That said, im not going to waste my time trying. Your time will come in 04, when next you vote. Then you will see what harm or good you have done. That will be the test. Till then its so much blah, blah, blah.

Vince
Typical liberal cop out :bananahea when you can't defend your position!

The test is. "When (what year) did Mr. McNeill get his Juris Doctors degree from Birmingham School of Law? "

If he will provide the answer I will get off his back and apologize for bringing this issue up.

Red S.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Originally posted by J_R
Vince

You really should take up the challenge. I can recall at least half a dozen AMA members that have taken your position, on various forums. They called JM and before he was done, he had added them to the ranks of the Stillman camp. Maybe you will be the first to give him the benefit of the doubt and not come away with a very sour taste in your mouth.

JR
Liberals like Vince don't accept such challenges, it takes away their whining privileges.

Red S.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
vpresley

Default I did call him !

Yep I did, but this was while ago, on a different subject. Red made the statement, "he doesn't answer his phone" or something like that, so I decided to test that theory. I called, his wife answered, and I was talking to him within 1 minute. He must have caller ID ! Now he sounded like a nice guy, of course I wasn't all over him about anything. I even asked him about Red. He knew about Red's posts. As far as the Political side of the story goes, and as I have stated in the past, lets keep it clean, (We Dont Always Have To Sink As Low As We Can Go, Do We ???). That has always been my point. Anyone can attack anybody in any way, and always JUSTIFY his methods for just about any thing, happens all the time. Sooner or later it comes back to haunt you. I find it hard to give much credence to these kind of people, as do a lot of others. Shout TS's credentials, praise him, get the word out, send out flyers. Put the same kind of effort toward a more positive get the word out type of Campaign. Would probably do more to get TS elected than the current effort. Just my thoughts.

Vince
Old 08-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Default Re: I did call him !

Yep I did, but this was while ago, on a different subject. Red made the statement, "he doesn't answer his phone" or something like that, so I decided to test that theory.

Vince
Wrong again Vince. I never said he didn't answer his phone, on the contrary he will lay a sermon on you if you ask a question that will make your phone bill look like the National debt. What I did say that any document sent to him via registered mail is refused in much the same manner as any question asked of him in person.

Give it up on the "We Don't Always Have To Sink As Low As We Can Go, Do We ???). : stuff. Our VP has set the standard as any that have watched his manipulations can attest to.

Now, with your rapport with our VP, can you please ask him when (what year) he received his Juris Doctors degree from The Birmingham School of Law? Or is this question off limits - unreasonable - or unanswerable? This could put this issue to bed, meanwhile it still hangs over us.

Red s.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
BillHarris

Red, give up on Vince. I've tried to ask him nicely to give us a positive spin on Jim's accomplishments for the District, but without success. But he did talk to Jim and Jim sounds like a nice guy, so I guess progress is being made...
Old 08-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned

Originally posted by BillHarris
Red, give up on Vince. I've tried to ask him nicely to give us a positive spin on Jim's accomplishments for the District, but without success. But he did talk to Jim and Jim sounds like a nice guy, so I guess progress is being made...
We should know better than to expect anything but more blatering from a liberal that ducks direct questions and cannot stand the truth. :spinnyeye That seems to represent McNeil's constituancy. :drowning: Lets see how they deal with 2004 when we fix the McNeill problem. Then we can all be "nice'.

Red S.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Highlander

Well, I have 2 cents left after buying two more planes.

Guess I can spend it here, Vince speaks of Integrity , I agree that Integrity is paramount to a potential candidate for office in any organization.

Red brings a critical question concerning the integrity of the Incumbent DVP for district V , That question should be answered in an immediate and pointed manner by JM,

If it is not ? a reasoning person is left with little choice but to view it as an attempt to avoid the Issue (once again Integrity ) must be questioned.

Highlander

Vote Jim Branaum DVP district VIII write in candidate!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:42 PM
pinball-RCU

You know Red, there are parts of the country (big ones) where "liberal" is not a cuss word. You might find you are actually building support for McNeill. I know I'm sure feeling some sympathy for him, just from getting to know his enemies.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:45 PM
J_R

Originally posted by pinball
You know Red, there are parts of the country (big ones) where "liberal" is not a cuss word. You might find you are actually building support for McNeill. I know I'm sure feeling some sympathy for him, just from getting to know his enemies.
Why does this come as a total shock to all of us?

JR
Old 08-08-2003, 03:05 PM
vpresley

Default Liberal ???

I have never considered myself a liberal about anything that I can think of. Except maybe in the way I conduct myself and the methods I use to reach a goal. As low as you can go is not my way. Liberal or Conservative, your methods still count, and are what peoples actions are judged by. Maybe Red and Bill are secretly working to get JM re-elected and are on his re-election committee. Ya think ???
Old 08-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Highlander

I have never considered myself a liberal about anything that I can think of. Except maybe in the way I conduct myself and the methods I use to reach a goal.

LOL. Vince If you conduct yourself as a liberal what else could you possible Be ?

I personally do not wish to make this a Liberal -VS- conservative argument or election!!

What it boils down to ,are the people of the AMA going to make accountable those who desire a DVP position ?and those who now hold that position as elected servants of the organization? or are the members of the AMA satisfied with the direction the AMA has taken over the last several years?

My question,,,,,, Are you happy being a member of an Insurance company? or did you join AMA with other desires and a picture other than that ? Was our goal to build at Muncie? or was this a goal of others ? How long has it been since your DVP asked your input on an Issue that effected all of the AMA? or even your own personal district? If any of these can be answered positively then perhaps your satisfied, if even one must be answered in the negative then maybe just maybe its time to make accountable those who we have entrusted to represent us ?

Time to get to the Issues, if JM has been anything but truthful with the question asked by Red, it is JM who is wrong not Red for asking !!!!!!!

It seems that JM could end this whole debate by a simple reply, Vince has already stated that JM is aware of the posts and the question !!!! Where is He ?

In My Humble Opinion JM is being deceptive in His approach, and doing a great dis-service to the organization as a whole !!!!

Highlander

Elect- Jim Branaum District VIII DVP
Old 08-08-2003, 05:38 PM
vpresley

Default Questions

And which of the numerous questions from Red would that be ?? This has pretty much been a one man show from the begining. A Redscho, (Pardon the Pun). With the usual chime in, from a few of his pals and JM Detractors to add to the credibility of the posts. Post after Post, answering his own questions, then answering his own posts, 2 and 3 in a row. What is the truth ? It has been my experience thats its what ever the poster is saying is "supposed to be the truth". I would not expect JM to answer anything on the forum post hatchet job, that I see here. No answer does not mean its true, just as posting and denying same, does not mean its not true. As for the AMA, I joined the whole AMA, and am not a whiner when it comes to that. If you dont like the AMA, "Dont Join", no excuses accepted. I dont like the "Im gonna join and ***** crowd". You know the rules when you join. Its not just about RC, but about the whole modeling experience. That is the AMA premise. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. Nice thing about a free country. JM will be tested in the next election.

Vince
Old 08-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Highlander

Vince,

Sheeeeeeeesh,

Only part I can agree with, Is that it is nice to live in a free country!!!

wonder how long it will stay that way if nobody does anything to promote Honesty and Integrity , in those who lead?

Or if improvement becomes the task of those who Serve?

Highlander
Old 08-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

Default Re: Red, Mongo, I dont play

Your time will come in 04, when next you vote. Then you will see what harm or good you have done. That will be the test. Till then its so much blah, blah, blah. Vince

I couldn't disagree more.
Red and the other guys are placing questions that a person - who claims has the necessary stuff to represent over 20,000 members at EC - should be able to answer.

Not because Red and others are asking. But because we, the members, deserve to know what is all about.

If Mr.McNeill has all the necessary stuff to represent us, why he is so shy of showing it to us?
If he doesn't want to do it here at RCU, how about any other forum of his choice?

Attacking Red for the service he is providing Dist V membership, by questioning the method and motifs our present Dist V VP have is not providing any service to Dist V members or the entire AMA for that matter.

I served at the EC of my country's AMA equivalent for many years and none of their members were shy to answer any question a member made.

Serving at the EC is a voluntary job. Mr. McNeill is not forced to do it. He is supposed to be there to serve the membership of Dist V.
The membership, not only his friends and supporters.

I believe that Red and any other member of Dist V has the right to make questions to Mr. McNeill. And he has the obligation to respond or lose credibility. Which is the case right now.

Wilson Roque
Old 08-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Wilson,

Excellent post! I, too, agree that Mr. McNeil has gotta go....But Red, hmmm, how should I start????

Your intentions are very good and well meaning, however, your delivery is a little off. Most of us in District V want to see a change of the guard. Exposing Mr. McNeil for what he is (or isn't) hopefully will instill enough District V members to vote in the next election. (Too bad we can't have a recall as in California.) However, Red, as well meaning as your intentions may be---- Your personal feelings and outright hatred for the man are overshadowing the real facts and legitimate questions in your posts. If I was an uninformed District V spectator looking at your posts, I would come to the conclusion that Mr. McNeil has done something to tick you off rather than looking at the real meat of the posts. I think all of this name calling (liberal, conservative, etc) is petty. Red, you are doing a good job in keeping the District V members up to speed but you are killing your credibility by letting your emotions cast shadows over your posts. In this regard, it is causing more harm than good. I hope that I haven't made ya mad---I'm just wanting to see all of that energy you have stay focused on the real issues---This will lead to the ousting of Mr. McNeil!!!!

Kevin
Old 08-09-2003, 02:05 PM
vpresley

Default Euqor, KG

Euqor, then we can aggree to disagree, KG That has always been my belief about the type's of posts that Red has been making, he has been working against his own interests.

Vince

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.